Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
does anyone have any front brake calipers for sale for 650 transalp:mad:
No, but I am intrigued why you need some. If you have existing one's they are easy to strip and clean, or if they are really knackered there's a guy in the Scottish Borders who does a very reasonable refurb service - search in the AT forum - there was a long thread of very satisfied customers.

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
I think you mean this one?
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/recommended-dealers-service-providers-campsites/33882-brake-caliper-refurbishment.html

Is Nick in the Scottish Borders? Or were you confusing him with me (I started the thread)? If he does live around here it could be good news for me!

I bought some 650 TA calipers from a breakers in Bradford called Gravelrash:
Bradford - Gravelrash Motorcycles - Yellowtom. I know the ones I had weren't the only ones he'd got, though that was a year ago. Worth a call probably.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is great. I managed to get a decent front set on ebay but I kept my old corroded ones....

·
Registered
71 Posts
the pins seized in that holds the pads in
I've just started to service mine and found that same pin seized on both calipers. No problem a little of WD 40 around both sides of the pin leave for 30 mins and while still very stiff I managed to break the 'Stiction'.

Failing that BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS TECHNIQUE use a blowtorch to carefully heat the area around the pin thread, this will cause the metal to expand slightly and make it easier to undo. Be bloody careful as brake fluid ignites very easily, make sure you have something to put it out if it does ignite.

When you come to refit the pin use lots of copper/graphite grease so that it doesn't stick next time.

Good luck with whatever you were doing.:thumbup:

Loic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts