Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Im looking to buy a bike in your neck of the woods. Im buying from Ireland so will have to negotiate over the phone. Any tips for dealing with dealers over the phone.
Itll be a transalp 650, 2006/7.
I have my eye on one already, 2006 Transalp, 6000+ miles, £3600. I want to get them to put on a centre stand and give £100 off the price. Is this achievable?
I dont really need to worry about the condition, its only got 6k miles. They describe it as excellent condition. I'll ask about the paint (wheels & forks etc)

Also, whats the market like over there at the mo?
Thanks for any tips

·
2,701 Posts
Ain't load's of money about just now, so negotiation's should make a deal.:thumbleft:

Post up the bikes whereabouts, then maybe a forum member in the area would go along and have a look at it for you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ain't load's of money about just now, so negotiation's should make a deal.:thumbleft:

Post up the bikes whereabouts, then maybe a forum member in the area would go along and have a look at it for you.
Would dealers laugh if I referenced the fact that its an older model?
ANy other tips und tricks?

·
Registered
398 Posts

Like Len said :thumbup:
you might get a member to have a butchers for ya,

offering 3.5k and asking to fit a centre stand isnt too much considering the market here and there at the moment,its only a £100 off the asking price which is usual wiggle room on that amount of money anyway!!

wouldn't cost a dealer much to fit a centre stand to make a sale,

Good luck with it ;) keep us posted.

Tony K.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hello again,
I got all excited about a bike, have exchanged a couple of mails with these guys. I just checked the Parkers price for the year etc.

Parkers price is £2900.
Is this a fair price? Seems low to me.
These guys are putting a new rear tyre & new chain/sprockets on.
Theyve come down to £3700 for a cash deal.
Im a big fan of a fair deal for everybody, Im not looking to screw every last cent out of a deal.

So is £3700 way too high or is Parkers an unrealistic guide?

Here's the bike:
HONDA XL VARADERO 1000cc

They are sending pics today of the scratched (they say theyre relatively minor)

Lemme know
thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello again,
I got all excited about a bike, have exchanged a couple of mails with these guys. I just checked the Parkers price for the year etc.

Parkers price is £2900.
Is this a fair price? Seems low to me.
These guys are putting a new rear tyre & new chain/sprockets on.
Theyve come down to £3700 for a cash deal.
Im a big fan of a fair deal for everybody, Im not looking to screw every last cent out of a deal.

So is £3700 way too high or is Parkers an unrealistic guide?

Here's the bike:
HONDA XL VARADERO 1000cc

They are sending pics today of the scratched (they say theyre relatively minor)

Lemme know
thanks
There are a few factors to consider befor payin the asking price

FLIGHT TAXI/TRAIN 140 EURO

FERRY 60 EURO

VRT (TAX) 270 EURO

3700 STERLING 4,200 EURO

Ball park 4,500 4,700 Euro for a 03 Vara ??

not the worst price around but have seen them on this Island in and around the same,

However, I would still chance me arm and offer 3an a half :rolleyes: foook it youv nothing to loose ;)
oh yeah the excitement factor :D planes trains and motorbike's on ferrys Priceless :D :sunny: for everything else theres Master Card.
says he after buying a Twin :D :D :D Varadero:D:D:D and an XR400:D:D:D
From the UK.

Which reminds me must sort out that VRT :rolleyes:
Good Luck with your decision,kee4p us posted,might see ya on the road.

Cheers,

Tony K.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Tony,
yeah its a good buzz alright (haven't used that expression in years!)

Russ in Bretton Motorcycles was really decent. They knocked off a few quid for cash, putting new rear tyre and chain/sprockets on for me. They are cleaning it up for me, and a further reduction cause Im going to get rid of a couple of scratches and its saving them doing it. 3600 all in, happy with that.

Im a fan of everybody being happy with a deal, I reckon he has made a few quid and Im happy enough with the price - success

Stena are doing a "sail & rail" deal, €36 ferry AND train to Chester! Theyre meeting me at the train station.

Only €264 VRT - happy days

good onya :thumbright:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Good stuff

:D

don't forget to post the pics asap :thumbup:

Tony.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts