Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Very sad news to read, I remember my parents allowing me to stay up to watch the moon landings as a small boy & watch history being made .

R I P Neil Armstrong

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Very sad news to read, I remember my parents allowing me to stay up to watch the moon landings as a small boy & watch history being made .

R I P Neil Armstrong
Yep me too
Sat around the tv when it was still dark outside. Watching it on black&white. RIP Neil, you always be remembered :thumbup:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Yep me too
Sat around the tv when it was still dark outside. Watching it on black&white. RIP Neil, you always be remembered :thumbup:
I remember it too. Such a momentous moment. RIP.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Very sad news.

A truly inspirational man.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Yep me too
Sad news... I on the other hand wasnt born until after this event.....

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
I saw it live on tele - I was a very naive 14 year old - I believed it then!

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
RIP Neil , maybe the Clangers can tell us the truth :D:D

Reactions: 621andy

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I was working on Concorde at Fairford at the time, most of the Flight Test department trooped off to the Fairford Country Club and watched it on their colour tele, the only one in the area. Don't think they had ever been that busy

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Sorry, but why are so many sad...he had a good innings a good life, seemed to be all-right for money. Yes he was an inspiration but we all have to pop our clogs one day.

Sad is when a mother dies never knowing where her sons body lays 'cos some cnut got his kicks from murdering kids.

Rest in peace Neil you had a good life.
Rest in peace Winnie,

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Ok answer this for me (I will forget all the other stuff that makes me think they may just not have done it)

I watched it when it happened - shadowy out of focus semi transparent video images beamed back to earth - ok. Then last evening I saw the thing again - same images except one I didn't remember - a full colour video of the landing craft taking off from the "moon" with camera panning up to track it - ok how come - there was no one left there to do that - also the quality was much better.!!!

Anyhow - I am a Photographer so understand the technology only too well but this got me thinking again.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Yep I can go with auto camera - early days for it but ok - so why then didn't they use the same when they were jogging on the surface? Odd methinks. Am I right in saying they have also lost all the original tapes?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts