Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a loan of a new F650GS whose screen is so small it might as well not be there. Trying to hold a 70-80 on the dual carriageway was a laugh as I had forgotten how much windblast you actually get without a screen.

Respect to all those who tour on them. I wouldn't last 20 miles.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I've got a loan of a new F650GS whose screen is so small it might as well not be there. Trying to hold a 70-80 on the dual carriageway was a laugh as I had forgotten how much windblast you actually get without a screen.

Respect to all those who tour on them. I wouldn't last 20 miles.

ha ya fanny :D

I did the TLD last year on the XLV aux natural

tractor spoiling you Gordon? :angel1:

note I dont have ro bend as much to pick thing off the floor as my arms seem longer :bom:

anyway why you on a 650.. final dive? :hitler:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha ya fanny :D

I did the TLD last year on the XLV aux natural

tractor spoiling you Gordon? :angel1:

note I dont have ro bend as much to pick thing off the floor as my arms seem longer :bom:

anyway why you on a 650.. final dive? :hitler:
Well you are a better man that I am. I must be going soft.

It's in for the old brake pipe recall (again).

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Well you are a better man that I am. I must be going soft.

It's in for the old brake pipe recall (again).

my low CoG could assist here :blob:
the XLV is normally screenless and I added a cruise screen for TLD 1 but as its mounted to the bars.. it can get interesting in cross winds :rolleyes:

Naked certainly help keep the speed down....

the downside is the your visor is now a magnet for all the yellow snot filled flying beastie :confused:

that alone is a good reason for a screen.. the AT has a high Givi one and works :teeth:

hope your bikes sorted soon,, upside you get to play with other toys and hand em back :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it wasn't as bad as I thought. When I took the bike back there was almost no arm ache at all. It seems there is quite a strong wind blowing today and I was heading straight into it.

The GSA did make light work of the wind though. Something to to with the tractor engine and battleship aerodynamics no doubt.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
:D:D Gordon I'am not going to say any thing but sharrie rides with a short screen every day on her 800 "Woooos":D:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boris your a pansy, I ride every day with little protection from my screen. And I did all those miles to and from Germany.

Woos :D:D:D
:D:D Gordon I'am not going to say any thing but sharrie rides with a short screen every day on her 800 "Woooos":D:D

I know I know. Look unknown to me at the time it was really windy and I was heading right into it and I've also been suffering from a lack of wurst these last few days so I must be feeling a little weak. I'm also a bit taller than the good Doctor and a half.

In saying that kudos to you Sharrie. I would have turned round and gone home if that first journey was indicative of what it was going to be like for the trip to Germany.

Actually once I got out of the wind the bike was pretty good but I still prefer the tractor though. :thumbup:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Tsk,Tsk, youngsters nowadays! When I were a lad screens were unmanly, travelled many a mile summer and winter on my C12 wearing nowt but a string vest, flannels and a bunnet! :D

Andy.

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
My little Bindit is nekkid

it's great for keeping you cool, gettin air into your vents and you can lean on the wind, but on a cold day - oooooh boy do you feel it!

Z:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tsk,Tsk, youngsters nowadays! When I were a lad screens were unmanly, travelled many a mile summer and winter on my C12 wearing nowt but a string vest, flannels and a bunnet! :D

Andy.
And fish suppers were tuppence ha'penny and you could get into the pictures for a jamjar... Oh and that damn gas mask.

Eee when I were a lad.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

Andy.
luxury.... :D used to dream o wearing a sting vest

once on my Starfire, I arrives at the girl friends with 2 inches of Ice on my frozen knees.. could not move my legs so rode down the ally way and leaned against the wall , till I could move.... :thumbup:

men were men and we had Bovril :toothy7:

·
Registered
897 Posts

Andy.
Yeah know what ya talking about here -----but I hope ya were wearing that bunnet in THE RIGHT place during the winter months ;)

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts