Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Currently building a street tracker from my old FMX.
Just re assembling it and yesterday had all the idiot and horn working. Come back to it today and have lost the horn and neutral light ?
Can’t find any duff wiring etc and visually checked the fuses.
Any suggestions ?
Jez

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not electric genius, but looking at the wiring diagram, I can't see that they are closely related? The horn should be easiest to troubleshoot with a multimeter.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The horn and neutral light wiring are on the left of the frame / wiring loom on my RD02

There are two connectors just above the horn, I suspect one of these needs inspection

I guess yours is not standard so check loom connectors near horn

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the fault. It was the bloody fuse! I had visually checked it and it looked ok, then put a metre across it and found it had blown.
Fingers crossed for no more problems with the build.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Found the fault. It was the bloody fuse! I had visually checked it and it looked ok, then put a metre across it and found it had blown.
Fingers crossed for no more problems with the build.
Glad you got sorted. A lesson to us all: check the simple cheap things first! I’ve had the same, a fuse that looked sound but was not. I was also once driven mad by a flickering rear light on my Dommie. I spent a while cleaning earths, looking for frayed wiring, etc. It was the bulb - the filament had broken at one end but was lying in such a way that it maintained a circuit but bounced up and down as I rode, causing the intermittent flickering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts