Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
You have to pay 6k + after the 3rd year to keep the bike or give it back and you have nothing .The only winner is the dealer... PCP is the devils deal..

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to pay 6k + after the 3rd year to keep the bike or give it back and you have nothing .The only winner is the dealer... PCP is the devils deal..
True but at the end of the day you still get a brand new dct for under 9k with interest free credit on a proportion of that. How is that bad?
Or you get a brand new dct AT for what, 70 quid a month then you return the bike after 3 or whatever years. Doesn't sound bad to me (and I'm generally not a fan of fancy dressed up credit deals)

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I got a junk mail shot from Honda offering some slight deals on the DCT. Did a bit of checking Monday and a few dealers (Dolbe,Ling & ?) were offering DCT for ~£9k on ebay but ads were gone Tuesday and the best price was up to £10K+.
Are they having trouble shifting (pun intended) the DCT with it now seemingly cheaper than the manual model or is there a revamp for 2018 models?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
9k for 3 years is 250 quids per month for renting a bike. Not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
From John banks Honda . To think it all started pretty much from here ! The JB500 his championship winner. You won't get this one for nine gee's though (Bought from his widow and saved from ending up in America like much of our racing heritage), it's the only one there is ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I have though changed my thoughts on the DTC, it would really make life easier with my sidecar, changing gear on tight hairpins is bloody hard work ! Just don't have the money spare right now.:(
JB 500.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
My brother has bought one of the AT's from John Banks this afternoon. The deal is £70 per month for 3 years, no deposit, £3,264 off list price
Their stock is from Honda GB and they have sold 60 today !
No RWB left ...

Those owners who paid £12,179 at the start of the year will feel rightly shafted by Mr Honda

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
My brother has bought one of the AT's from John Banks this afternoon. The deal is £70 per month for 3 years, no deposit, £3,264 off list price
Their stock is from Honda GB and they have sold 60 today !
No RWB left ...

Those owners who paid £12,179 at the start of the year will feel rightly shafted by Mr Honda
I don't know when they were ever 12k but i paid £10299 in march last year for my manual and i feel shafted. That does look a good deal it helps those who would struggle to own one get their mits on one now :thumbup:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just taken a look at the Sales order for by brother's CRF1000L ABS DCT from John Banks
(delivery end of September)

Price of bike £7,253
VAT £1,486 (HM Treasury gets this)

Total £8,739

AT sale.JPG

When these bikes come up second hand there's no VAT for private sales
and dealers normally only pay VAT on the PROFIT of a sale.

This current offer looks very good indeed whatever your opinion on PCP.
I happen not to be a fan of PCP but it's hard to argue with this no deposit, 0% one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hopefully collecting mine from John Banks on Friday, including Honda luggage. The way I look at it, I'm not bothered that I am renting it for three years and don't own it. I will hand it back and roll on to the next rental. I'm going to add crash bars and maybe a slip on can and wide foot pegs, which I will take off and replace with originals in new condition in three years.
Anybody want a R1150GS, just under 40k miles, year 2000, fairly new tyres, mot, plugs and oils. E bay listing ends next Friday 09.05. Hoping to get around 2000 for it. PM me for listing hyperlink.

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
471 Posts
That's a cracking deal, irrespective of being PCP.....I suppose the slightly unpleasant bit is finding £6k at the end of the 3 year rental, unless one has saved it up over the period; or just go onto another rental and never own a bike. I guess PCP is ideal for those with limited liquidity, and in that respect it's a very good thing which keeps the bike market healthier than it probably would be otherwise. Not for me though, I love my 3 old XRV750's and have recently had a Ural sidecar fitted to one by Watsonian-Squire.....at a cost about the same as the afore-mentioned cracking deal! Each to their own, there's no right or wrong way of doing these things :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Could not resist this deal after all so just placed an order for a Dakar Red one.
I was planning to wait until the PCP ones came available in Spring 2019 and had thought that £6.5 to 7K for 3 year old bike
would get me a decent manual one.
What clinched this PCP deal for me is that I don't have to use my bike a deposit - John Banks are paying it. That's a huge
chunk out of the final payment.

2008, F800GS, 33K, metal OEM panniers, lots of extras going on eBay tomorrow. PM me if interested

·
Registered
789 Posts
Anyone looking for a new AT CRF1000, brand new dct models can be had for under 9k with 3 yrs interest free.
Strikes me as a relative bargain!

http://www.johnbanks.co.uk/honda-bikes/offers/honda-motorcycles-adventure-summer-sale/529

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
HOLY SH*T!!! What an amazing deal - £12k's worth of bike for £70p/m no deposit - That's, err.....like.....er...... for next to nowt! Reduce my Virgin media package and that's one in the bag!

good grief, used ones on FleeBay for £8.5k! Whats happened to the AT market?

·
Registered
235 Posts
The rumour is that Honda UK imported too many DCT AT's. With the 2018 models due soon they had to clear the stock.
This is an 'unusual' situation to say the least ...
As an earlier post stated what 12K bike can you get that depreciates £840 per year ?
John Banks have sold 62 so far ... I was #63 :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exactly! I couldn't figure it out or make the figures work until I sat down with the sales guy. JB are making a 3k deposit contribution I believe. Alright, this may not be actually true after the bean counters have done their magic on the books, but either way, a new bike with luggage for £90 a month is amazing. I had been looking at second hand or maybe a new CRF250 Rally until I saw this deal.
Went in on Sunday, and did the deal with a car sales guy as bike sales were closed.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts