Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ridden for years
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I sold my K75 and my shed project and was Holding out for an XT500, but the prices even for rebuilds got so crazy, I watched out for a DR600 or XT or....... Tenere......
One came up and I leapt....
Train up to Reading, did the deal, rode home 80 to 100 miles.....
JOHN you need to wake up!!!!!!
On the ride home I discovered it needs a clutch... Don't start on me!!!!
Revs went up to 2300 rpm after about ten miles.
I think the rear wheel may not be round....... Who invented that!!!

Starting to notice that the white paint is coming off exposing blue

Strong smell of fuel when I got home... Ooh look under the carbs.

Check out the second picture.... How do I put the key in!!!

I SHOULD BE LOCKED UP!!!

Still, interestingly it is more comfortable than my Vigors and Dommie that I have had.

I've often dreamed of a Tenere, should have bought a new one?!.....

I know I like fiddling in the shed, but to stay in there!

Vehicle Bumper Car Automotive exterior Auto part Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Enduro

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
grand looking bike not too unlike an xl600lmt well wear with it the sticker on the clock made me laugh :thumbup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok it may have a few issues, but look at it it's gorgeous! As for riding home 100 miles on an unknown bike which turns out to have problems, well it 's all part of the adventure surely.

·
Ridden for years
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
:D Thanks guys.
Yes, that "Bang" on the speedo made me laugh.

Amazing isn't it, you ride a bike a number of miles and when you check it, there are so many issues.

I won't go mad initially, but need to get clutch kit and carb gaskets. Once inside carbs I can do my checking; still, it was a cracking ride :D

Oh I've moved that bar already, exposing the ignition lock which also looks like someone has taken a chisel/large screwdriver to it!!!! Still it is only £25 for a new lock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts