Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know if this has been covered already but what do you all think about the new think bike adverts on the tv at the moment showing bikes with a peacock tail of flashing lights on them depicting them as ordinary folk in a genial way.

makes a change from the usual government ads showing us bikers as invisible missiles that you have to have eyes up your jacksy to spot as we hurtle headlong into their shiny wings and hurt ourselves....

nice to see us being portrayed as human beings with lives and loves and as much right to be there as anyone else.

a long awaited step forward for us I'd say.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
off topic
Ain't seen the add, but Talk to Craig about the 13th,:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have not seen the new ads but if they ran the old adds they would get a response.

When everyone picks their selves up off the floor

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Brilliant advert hope it gets through :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
...makes a change from the usual government ads showing us bikers as invisible missiles that you have to have eyes up your jacksy to spot as we hurtle headlong into their shiny wings and hurt ourselves....

nice to see us being portrayed as human beings...
My thoughts exactly when I saw it yesterday.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
No idea how those bikes passed their MOT's with all that flashing stuff on them :rolleyes:

Good ad, I just hope they can afford to run it during prime time TV, rather than 2 o clock in the morning when nobody is awake!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Mind you no matter what you wear or look like some prat will still not see you. Since when I got knocked off in 2008 it was a clear day around 11am on a Sunday with not much traffic on the road the chap at the junction looked once then twice made eye contact with me in my hi-viz waistcoat and headlights on still pulled out into me then told the police that famous line “Sorry I didn’t see him”:confused:

On a plus note funny adverts:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
There is an advert being run on the back of buses about wearing protective clothing.

It shows a biker riding naked and has the caption
Without proper protective clothing you may as well be naked.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Just seen it on main stream TV.
I kust hope cagers take notice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts