Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my sons out for their first ride out today. :D

Didn't go far, just a mile or so to visit Grandma. Would have gone a bit further afield if the speedo had been working! cable had come unscrewed at clocks. :(

No 1 son ready to go while Dad finds a temporary safe home for the speedo cable!

No 1 son on board

And ready for the off

No 2 son on board

No 2 son ready to go

And setting off

Both new riders were a bit nervous at first, but a slow (I think :confused: ), steady ride to grandma's, left both of them looking forward to our next ride out. :D Unfortunately time, and a lack of speedo (too many cameras around here) put a stopper on a longer trip each today, but good to know they both want more. :thumbright:

Speedo cable now re-attached - after removing the dash, deflector and clocks to get enough access to do it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Had my boy out today small 40 mile trip he loves it.

I'm hoping to take him on a small camping tour in the spring.

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Good to see your all starting the kids young :thumbleft:

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had my boy out today small 40 mile trip he loves it.

I'm hoping to take him on a small camping tour in the spring.
Planning on taking mine camping this year, but will most likely have to be in the car, even the youngest one is too big for the topbox now!

Good to see your all starting the kids young :thumbleft:
And good to get em doing something that doesn't involve being sat at a computer/telly/wii/ds. There's a whole world out there!

They're both keen to get out again. So just got to plan some longer trips where I can take one am and one pm ......... and no offers of sidecars, or trikes please. :D

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi how old are your boys my son is almost 7

I had my 8 year old daughter away on an overnight camping trip to Glencoe last year she did really well we covered about 260 miles with plenty of stops

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-reports-pictures/39559-my-daughters-first-bike-trip.html

Mine are 9 & 10. Wouldn't have felt comfortable taking my youngest on the bike til this year - don't think he would have sat still enough! And the eldest wasn't interested til the youngest one was - kids eh! Not complaining though now they are both into it - just got to try and be fair about how many trips, where to etc :rolleyes:. There's plenty of the Peaks on our doorstep-ish so thats their first "big" trips sorted. Just got to get some boots for the eldest - borrowed Mum's for his first ride - as none of our local shops had his size in stock! May have to go further afield to get some?

Nearly forgot - loved the ride report. Good to see parents and kids doing stuff together.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
My little monster came all the way to Almeria Spain last year. Its the best thing I done is take her riding at 2 on my fuel tank and once she could touch the back pegs she was away. Its so much easier now she is 13 for us all to ride.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Can I just add that riding on the fuel tank at two was only done within a very small street at about 2 mph, just before child services come knocking at my door
Common practice in India. Dad riding the bike while the toddler is on the tank. On the back Mum sitting side saddle holding the baby. Did see 5 on a bike a few times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts