Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a newbie here and hope to pick up a few tips in forum. I picked up this NX650 J for a few quid and now starting to get stuck in.

The front brake was siezed solid so I freed it up and replaced the seals in the caliper. It wouldn't bleed so I got to work on the master. It was nasty but the bore looked OK so I installed a service kit. It still won't bleed!! It seems that there is a bad air leak through the bleed nipple so I've been banging my head on this one for a while!! Further inspection showed that the threads for the pins have been badly crossed so its not looking too good.

Getting fed up I went to work the pipes, the headers are good but the cans look shot and beyond economical repair. I fitted them up anyway, rigged up the tank and stuck the battery in. First push and she fires up!!

Sounds a but rattly at the top end and the exhausts are blowing a good un, but hey she works, so I am one happy boy!! As you can probably see from the pictures it has an oil leak and as far as I can tell it's from the gear shaft oil seal, but I'll get to that later.

So now I am looking out for a new front caliper, its the Nissin 2 pot and a reckon I will pop for the arrow can which looks like the most cost effective deal at the moment. Of course I'll be keeping a look out on ebay, but would much rather deal on the forum.

Cheers
Si

·
Registered
485 Posts
Welcome SI,
came to the right place m8, lots of friendly knowledgable like minded people here
Bit of effort and you will soon be riding thru the new forest knees in the breeze
keep us updated on progress

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could be interested, can I ask why it is coming off and what you are replacing it with as I may consider an upgrade myself!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Its coming off 1st Gen NX650 RD02 US model, I'm putting a Brembo from an RD09 on it but I need to get a Disc and hose first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts