Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My previous bike was a Suzuki Drz i had that for 10 years and put 43000 miles on it. The only thing left standard was the frame and bottom end of the engine. Now i had 2 sets of suspension one for Super Moto in the summer and the other Enduro both re valved to suit.

So you can see were this is going :D ok so far ive got me another AT set of yokes removed the center tube taken some measurements and had it fitted via spacers and together. It was all assembled using heat - liquid nitrogen and locktite 589 if i remember so its not going anywhere !

The Drz forks are 70mm longer than the AT ones and 48mm in diameter with comp and rebound. I did this a while ago because i was missing a front wheel :( But last night i won a front wheel with a EBC oversize disc , rear wheel , swingarm ,*********** forks and pair of radiators of a CCM 404. The engine front and rear wheels are off a Drz ;)

Ive still got my "Braking" 4 pot caliper with mounting bracket and this should slot right on the Drz forks.

Will get a few pics together and post them up .... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we have progress :D i was after a 21 inch front wheel for my Drz front end but i was not going to pay 150 snots for the privilege ;)

So the other night there was a job lot of CCM 404 part witch inc a 21 inch front wheel with what looked like a oversize front disc :D

Anyway i won the parts for 160 notes so last sat night i wondered up to Wolverhampton with the lad. I think i couldn't find more of a """"
hole if i tried and i must have been in the roughest part of town. I knocked on the door the garden and drive was like a scrapyard so bells were going of already. Well 3 Huberts with hoddies opened the door. So i got the bits this inc front 21" wheel on a pair of WP 48mm forks and yokes with Brembo caliper and braided line and master cylinder. Rear swingarm with a good 18" wheel again with Brembo caliper and foot brake. A good pair of Drz rads , fuel tank , plastics , seat :D money exchanged and i was gone.

The 21" wheel is mint its a AJP hub and the disc is a CCM 320mm floating jobbie so quids in already :D

So i got the forks down from the roof tonight. This week has been so busy with work and the like just no time at all
for tinkering. In the next pic you can see the AT stem in the Drz yoke there is a spacer in there with Loctite and there
is a interface fit a 3 thou. The bottom of the AT stem has been plugged and tapped to except and capscrew for a little
extra safety but i can see it going anywhere this was done by a mate in the machine shop at work for a few large Dairy Milks :D

This is wear things get interesting or exciting or silly make your mind up , with the wheel slotted in the forks from the floor to the top is 50 inches :eek:

Im 6,2 so you can see how tall it all is god know how much clearance there is going to be :D

I need to make up a new shaft and spacer for the front wheel as there is a few bits out of line but nothing that a few hours
in the machine shop cant sort. Another bonus is i kept my BRAKING billet 4 pot caliper from my Drz super moto days and yes
it bolts straight on no spacer of alterations needed.

When it was on the Drz with a CBR 600 master cylinder it was plain silly i could lift the rear wheel at 70 mph with one finger
so i think its up to the job esp if i use the Brembo master cylinder. Im going to get the caliper repainted as well.

So folks that were im at right now god know how tall its going to be or how the spring rates with differ
but thats all in the testing. I think a new rear shock dog leg might need reworking at this rate :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Looking good s far Packman

·
Space Emperor
639 Posts
Very interesting, Packman ... are you saying there's room for an 18" on the back??

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never even thought of a 18" on the rear and there's me just sold the mint 18" that i got in the bundle of CCM parts :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good to know someone else want's to put an 18'' on the back! I tough to go with a 2KF rear, because it has a disc brake and a rubber suspenders. Think that africa is a little too heavy for a stiff connection!
If I am not mistaken, africa's rear hub has 32 spokes, and there is no 32 spoked rims around...

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok its been a while since i updated on the front end. I has some spacers made up and fitted them in what i was after was the disc needed to sit
right down the center line of the "BRAKING" caliper with would also allow me to use the front caliper without spacers to center the disc.

Well when fitted up we was 2mm out plus we could add some metal to the center as it was still a bit sloppy. So we did this and now its 100%
were it needs to be. So the only thing left to do is make a speedo drive spacer as im using a Drz drive and cable.

Been a bit slow of the mark lately as ive had a lot of work on also ive had a opp on my shoulder so ATM im off work till that healed. But ive brought something else for my Enduro toy a large tank. I have to stop for fuel in a 2 hour hare and hounds if the lap is any more than 5 miles long and im loosing places. So this should sort it out i didnt come quick enough for last Sundays race so i managed 8th out of 66 in my group plus i had a spectacular off as i didnt see a branch so i got that in the helmet and ripped me off so i was battered and bloody before my operation :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts