Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
What did I do that for...
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this "UFO" mudguard, it's really for a Honda XR400 :? only cost £16.98 all in from ebay :thumbup: like this one

Try to ignore the crappy Oxford luggage :lol:

I love the look this has, better than the standard mudguard.
I had to cut some 3/4 inch spacers from an old neoprene hosepipe (its really tough and barely flexible) plus two 6mm x 30mm washers (zinc coated so hopefully they won't rust :roll: ) to clear the brake line under the bottom yoke and the fairing. I had some old M6 hex head bolts which i used to fix it to the bottom yoke.

I've got some close ups of the mounts and spacers with the washers, but the picture upload page has gone screwy....I'll try again later.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
that looks well sweet mate and ver nice in black :D

·
What did I do that for...
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :D

squirrelciv said:
Do you notice any differance to the handling with the fork brace removed?
None at all :happy11: ..although I only added it yesterday, today had to work :evil: ..the bike felt the same as ever on the journey in and home...dunno what it would be like off the road; haven't tried that yet.

What I have noticed though is without the GIVI screen I dont get any buffeting wind forced up me' chin :lol: ..so that probably won't be going back on.

Here's the other zoomed pictures showing the mounts:

This one is looking down onto the mount's.
I cut another 1 1/2 inch long length of the neoprene hose to cover the speedo cable in case it rubs through on the side of the washer(s) :!:
The yellow gloop is grease :D

This is the side view

..zoomed side view, note the grease :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts