Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good, wonder if its beyond my techno capability:)
I think from reading up on it, it should be pretty easy, pretty much point and shoot, as its a sports cam its made for durability so believe they've kept it very simple.

I wanted an all purpose cam for snow boarding, bike rides, an when i learn to swim, its waterproof up to 8 meters :D

·
Do you have any cheese?
313 Posts
I was looking at one of these, I saw it on youtube when I was looking at the ATC5K by oregon scientific's picture quality!

The image quality is very good, but the price is a little steep for me and you have to buy the bike mount seperatly, which is a bit lame!!

I think I'll make do with my DV camcorder and a big SD card for now....

But if I came into some money I would defo get this one!!

The ATC5K is small and looks pretty, but the image quality is much better on the Tachyon and there is no video lag!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at one of these, I saw it on youtube when I was looking at the ATC5K by oregon scientific's picture quality!

The image quality is very good, but the price is a little steep for me and you have to buy the bike mount seperatly, which is a bit lame!!

I think I'll make do with my DV camcorder and a big SD card for now....

But if I came into some money I would defo get this one!!

The ATC5K is small and looks pretty, but the image quality is much better on the Tachyon and there is no video lag!!
yeh check out the mounts it comes with, all are included in the pack apart from the handlebar mount for bicycles.

Gonna be looking like universal soldiers with this on lol
http://www.tachyoninc.com/mountsSIDE.html

just not as ripped as van damme :D

I have to be honest i didnt do a whole load of research, just found a site and looked at his reviews.

Should have it in a couple of weeks, might make it part of my daily commute to strap it on the bike, video evidence of peoples bad driving in London, gotta be 250 quid in there somewhere, rip jeremy beadle!

·
Registered
773 Posts
i've just bought a dvx with a separate hq2 bullet cam. it records h.264 onto a sd card. bit pricey but good video quality and small file size. i don't want to spend hours editing stuff, or indeed paying for expensive editing software. I still need to find a decent freebee editor, or at least a converter that will turn it into mpeg2 for editing.

ideally i'd get all linux s/w so i can do it all on the move on the eee but this might be asking a lot of the wee beastie. i haven't even hacked the eee to get it to play h.264 yet.

/td

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've just bought a dvx with a separate hq2 bullet cam. it records h.264 onto a sd card. bit pricey but good video quality and small file size. i don't want to spend hours editing stuff, or indeed paying for expensive editing software. I still need to find a decent freebee editor, or at least a converter that will turn it into mpeg2 for editing.

ideally i'd get all linux s/w so i can do it all on the move on the eee but this might be asking a lot of the wee beastie. i haven't even hacked the eee to get it to play h.264 yet.

/td
Have you tried looking on download.com for some free editing software? or maybe use a torrent?

I have no idea what these are like, but the camera site recommends them as free editors

Jump Cut, Jahshaka, Virtual Dub, Wax, and Zwei-Stein

:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts