Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m new to this forum, still not owning a gravel bike, but have big plans to sell my current bike (a Honda VFR800Fi) and buy a trail bike. Reason is I dont get the same thrill out of the road bike after hitting a deer in 2012, and as I have been riding bothe MX as Enduro in the past, it feels a right chose to get a more trail frendly bike. I have not desided what bike to buy yet thro. I dont want a bike just for gravel riding, aslo hammering some twisty tarmac roads but still a bike I can ride powerline service roads, even some sand dunes. I dont even know if I want a twin or a thumper. So far I have tested a 1991 XTZ660 Tenere, was OK, but want to try out more bikes, as hear what you think.
Mostly I´m intresting in a Honda XRV650 Africa twin or a Yamaha XTZ750 Supertenere.
I hope to get some nice advise from you guys, Cheers!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hello and Welcome! All I will say is that getting your hands on a decent XRV650 will be very, very difficult. Good Africa Twins are readily available (XRV750)
A word of caution; have a good read through this Forum and this will be the best guide you will ever have to buying an Africa Twin. Don't forget that the Transalp 650 will also fit your requirements, and don't rule out the older, but very capable 600. The newer 700 (I have one) is less off-road orientated as there is a lot of "sticky-out" bits. Whatever you decide on, there is a mine of info right here and as a bonus, many folks here who will gladly advise you. Have fun! Les

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome Keny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts