Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So then, after lots of reading, thinking, more reading and more thinking I've decided on kit for the bike. And ordered it!

I have the XL700VA 2008.

A used set of SW-Motech 37L panniers in black and rack :)
SW-Motech Raiser bar
SW-Motech Crashbar
SW-Motech Mirror Extentions (hate the narrow rear view!)
Baggageconnection 60L waterproof sausage roll bag
Wilbers 640 rear shock with remote control, and front springs
Leovince de-cat kit
Leovince slip-on

That's enough money this year. Also had to throw new tires at it (Dunlop Trailmax TR91) and a 12k serivce before I take of driving from Bergen to North-Cape in July with my girlfriend on the back. Fitting tires on monday.

If you think the 12k service is expensive in the UK, come do one in Norway, the dealer wanted £700 and that's no parts included. And that's normal. Luckily I have found a mechanic that will do it for £350 (provide parts myself)

·
Registered
459 Posts
It must be cheaper to ride into eastern europe and get it serviced.

A friend of mine in the UK has a home in Hungery he drives there in his BMW car has it serviced and all his dental treatment done,much cheaper.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
12k that will be kilometres = 8k miles. Blackpool Honda did my wife's TA700 8k service for £180. :). It allegedly included a valve check too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
That is a lot of kit! And presumably a lot of money!

Would be good if you could post some photos when you get it all fitted. Also I'd be interested to hear what your thoughts are on the Leo Vince and if it makes any difference to the way it runs.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, so I had to cancel the leovince order, it'll have to wait until I'm not balancing a zero budget... :( I could just afford it, i.e. not worth it

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got the leovince exhaust from Germany for €250, I couldn't justify the price of the de-cat pipe @ €175. To be honest I think the exhaust makes the most difference, in sound and looks. If you can only buy one, I'd get the exhaust if I were you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think for me it's more important to get rid of the cat, but I will do both at the same time, so it'll all just have to wait :) it's good to wait sometimes, though a little boring perhaps ;)

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
That's enough money this year. Also had to throw new tires at it (Dunlop Trailmax TR91) and a 12k serivce before I take of driving from Bergen to North-Cape in July with my girlfriend on the back. Fitting tires on monday.

If you think the 12k service is expensive in the UK, come do one in Norway, the dealer wanted £700 and that's no parts included. And that's normal. Luckily I have found a mechanic that will do it for £350 (provide parts myself)
That's over £150 more then I paid for on the GSA in a dealers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A used set of SW-Motech 37L panniers in black and rack :) - fitted
SW-Motech Raiser bar - fitted
SW-Motech Crashbar - still in the box :(
SW-Motech Mirror Extentions (hate the narrow rear view!) - fitted
Baggageconnection 60L waterproof sausage roll bag - changed for an ortlieb Rack Pack 89 liter
Wilbers 640 rear shock with remote control, and front springs - fitted
Leovince de-cat kit - cancelled
Leovince slip-on - cancelled
So then I'm off on Sunday for a month on the road, going north along the coast in norway, 2 up, fully packed.
Wilbers are really worth it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts