Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm new to biking and had my first proper wipeout on Saturday (blasted gravel, mud and oil on road). Anyway aside from my knee I have smashed both my left indicators and twisted the gear lever and clutch. Can still ride the thing.

Just wondered if anyone had any advice as to where I can buy replacement indicators(front one completely smashed and back one hanging on for dear life and not working), get the clutch lever untwisted and how? Being new to biking and the only biker I know I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Michaella:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Welcome to the forum Michaella. Sorry to hear of your "off" and this also being the reason for your first post.

Not sure about genuine Suzuki parts, but Wemoto would most probably be able to sort you out with what you need. If you are not entirely sure what you need, give them a ring as they are extremely helpful and really know their stuff. They can order genuine parts, but I suspect that you will need the correct part numbers. These can be found from this site - CMSNL, but I wouldn't necessarily pay their prices.

Hope you and your bike heal quickly so that you can enjoy the summer. :thumbup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Sorry to hear about your off, If you want secondhand parts then try
Merlin Motorcycle Breakers
95 Maple Road, London SE20 8UL

·
Registered
223 Posts
That numbers just a dead tone Stumps. Tried to get Lola a new front light unit after the bird strike on TLD. If you know anyone please let me know.

Cheers Bro

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
That numbers just a dead tone Stumps. Tried to get Lola a new front light unit after the bird strike on TLD. If you know anyone please let me know.

Cheers Bro
I got it off the web, I will remove it for now and check the number tomorrow.
I do not think he has anything for the Vara.

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for those pointers, really appreciate it. In terms of how fixed, functioning and road legal. The electrics of the front indicator are fine but while thing(cover and cup needs replacing). Rear needs to work and stay put. In relation to gear and
clutch levers, functioning and road legal ( at mo are twisted).

Any advice on what to do when you skid on stones would be gladly taken, funnily that wasn't in the training!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi! if you are a mail order type person try Busters, they have a good on line catalogue with lots of pattern parts. Just google busters and you'll get there. They will probably have all you need and at reasonable prices. Good luck.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Any advice on what to do when you skid on stones would be gladly taken, funnily that wasn't in the training!
If it's the front end thats sliding out from under you then barring being a riding demigod or being able to get your foot down fast enough to support the bike the answer is not much. If it's the backend thats sliding then the usual skid recovery type thing ... get the bike upright, release the presure on the brakes, stear into the slide, don't apply power and let the bike straightn up. You might put a foot down again to support the bike but that could make the bike more unstable so be careful ... The ultimate answer is to try and spot the hazard on the road and not put the bike in a possition where it may skid ... that part comes with practice - you'll eventually develop a kinda 6th sense about hazards like these and aviod them without really thinking too much about it.

Hope you source the parts you need. The only advise I'd give is don't try and straighten the levers as you may break them. If they are slightly bent then just live with it otherwise you'll need to replace them too.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Bang on advice! You won't become a seasoned biker overnight. I've been at it for nearly fifty years and am still learning. Each ride is a fresh experience. It's not only stones to look out for, stuff from horses and cows bottoms, diesel, builders rubbish etc etc. The sixth sense thing is very true, eventually your brain becomes programmed to expect the unexpected when out on your bike. This is why bikers 'usually' make better car drivers. But hey look at the benefits, freshly mown hay, may flowers even a field of cows has a certain pleasurable aroma. Why? because you were able to smell them. One thing,the latter smell may signify cow deposits in the road, Oh and the hay thing may suggest a tractor round the next corner. Drive with all your senses and enjoy, it's the best way to travel. Nothing like a lady biker to get the guys posting!.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi! if you are a mail order type person try Busters, they have a good on line catalogue with lots of pattern parts. Just google busters and you'll get there. They will probably have all you need and at reasonable prices. Good luck.
Got to agree Busters are pretty good. They are tied in with M&P now so same stuff from either of them.
Cheers Allan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hiya Michaella

Pattern (non-genuine) indicators and levers are available for your bike. www.patternparts.net sell them but you should be able to get them from lots of other places too. Gear lever will probably have to be a genuine Suzuki item.

I'd have a crack at straightening the gear lever if it was me, or try breakers or Ebay. Failing that go to www.fowlers.co.uk phone them and give them your VIN number, they'll get you one, might be pricey though.

All the best,
Dave

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Michaella
Hope you have managed to get parts and sort things out. Hear u r close to my neck of the woods in NW london. If true and I can help in anyway let me know and good luck!

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
Dear Italy1

You must be Antonio. Philip just told me that you have volunteered your services. As soon as the parts come through expect a whine for help fixing. I have boxes of tools and am itching to use them (I hope that doesn't sound pervy)

Michaella;)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Dear Italy1

. I have boxes of tools and am itching to use them (I hope that doesn't sound pervy)

;)
no...not at all.....:D:D

hope Sir Phil also mentionned that I am useless with tools.....certain type of tools......:D

get the parts and give us a shout anytime will be happy to help if I can:thumbup:

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ta Antonio. Will email as soon as they arrive

think you will find Sir Phil is not that great with tool kits either! ;)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
oooohhhh.....:toothy6:

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Antonio

The parts have arrived today so can I borrow you to help me fix the bike/laugh at me whilst I probably make things worse?

I will of course fit around your timing.

Ta

M

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Thanks for those pointers, really appreciate it. In terms of how fixed, functioning and road legal. The electrics of the front indicator are fine but while thing(cover and cup needs replacing). Rear needs to work and stay put. In relation to gear and
clutch levers, functioning and road legal ( at mo are twisted).

Depending on what bike it is go for Apico Cold Forged levers, as should the worst happen in the future ( again ) these levers don't break they just bend so at least it will still ride ok

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Antonio

The parts have arrived today so can I borrow you to help me fix the bike/laugh at me whilst I probably make things worse?

I will of course fit around your timing.

Ta

M
left you a msg pls delete after you have taken the address

1 - 20 of 25 Posts