Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put my Arai Tour X3 into semi retirement after buying a new Tour X4 at the weekend. I haven't worn it in anger yet, it's still in the box. I've got a Yellow pinlock I'm going to fit to it whilst the visor is brand new. Here it is;

IMG_2351.jpg IMG_2354.jpg IMG_2353.jpg

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice colour Loggy

Won the lottery then?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
very cool I am a strictly gloss black helmet kind of guy myself because they go with any bike but I have to say I do like that paint job its nice and subtle . posh bit of kit must be nice to have hapes of money as they saw around hear if anyone gets something new that cost a few bob :lol:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. No I haven't got heaps of money alias lol... But funnily enough Paul, you're not far off the mark!!!;)

My Dad got 5 numbers on the Euro Millions about a month ago and won quite a bit of money. Bastwerd. He bunged me a bit of dosh so I could get a new helmet. The one I've got has lasted well but it's too big. I like Arai as they are a very good fit for me, comfy and well built. They were doing an open weekend special and had £50 off the usual price, so I bought it.

It was a choice between this colour and that black one with the yellow hiviz on it. They had most of the X4 colour schemes in, but I do like this one. :smile:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Brother in law has just bought the black and and hi viz yellow hence the lottery win price tag !

I bought mine (a mark 1) 8 years ago for £156 new

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I was looking at used aria lids on e bay and a nice tour x in silver and charcoal came up it was mint very little use it made over £150 at the time around that time I won an aria sz/m jet helmet with visor in black is used but good condition for £26 the same lid new is £350 I think I got a good deal . its very comfortable and no helmet noise at all I can hold 120 kmh on the motorway on the transalp 600 and its silent do the same with my shoei xr 1000 that makes a bit of a racket . on the aria I wanted to keep the visor open just a tiny tiny bit to stop it fogging in the colder weather so I found a clip with a treaded retaining collar on a fareing side off bmw k1100lt that was in the shed . I clipped it on over the rubber right at the bottom of the visor it works perfectly and makes a great helmet fantastic I can hear music on the I pod clear as could be compared to the shoei .

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking at used aria lids on e bay and a nice tour x in silver and charcoal came up it was mint very little use it made over £150 at the time around that time I won an aria sz/m jet helmet with visor in black is used but good condition for £26 the same lid new is £350 I think I got a good deal . its very comfortable and no helmet noise at all I can hold 120 kmh on the motorway on the transalp 600 and its silent do the same with my shoei xr 1000 that makes a bit of a racket . on the aria I wanted to keep the visor open just a tiny tiny bit to stop it fogging in the colder weather so I found a clip with a treaded retaining collar on a fareing side off bmw k1100lt that was in the shed . I clipped it on over the rubber right at the bottom of the visor it works perfectly and makes a great helmet fantastic I can hear music on the I pod clear as could be compared to the shoei .

My Tour X3 is noisy as hell, but that may be because it's too big. I'm eager to test this one out, and the weather forcast for Saturday is wall to wall sunshine...:thumbright:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts