Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TA700
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Transalpers :wink:

Just fitted on my 700 the alu look top case with rubber back support, center stand, and the lower seat. The top case is good quality, nice look and fits easily 2 full face helmets.

Lower seat has given me the comfort of touching both feet on the ground, but on the other hand gave me a very bad riding position compared to the normal seat. I have my 700 since Christmas, and now i feel like im riding a scooter..:mad:. Even the noise of the engine is different. If i dont get used to the new seat for a week, i will deffinetely change it again.

Also I have a problem with the new center stand and i need your opinion please. It is very hard to lift the bike on the stand and to remove it as well, but the most important is that when the bike is on the center stand the rear wheel still touches the ground and not moving....how is that possible for a center stand...:confused:

is this normal to your bikes with mainstand ?

thanks

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It could have something to do with the suspension, and or the centre stand is wrong. Take it back to the shop and get them to check.

·
Registered
344 Posts
is it a honda oe main stand ?
Brand new not bent?

It takes sometime to learn to lift it and take it off stand.

BUT, as you said the rear wheel IS NOT OFF THE GROUND, I would think you stand has been installed incorrectly or at least it is not in line, therefore you dun have enough leverage.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the Honda org. center stand. It´s not so hard to lift it.
Rear wheel is not on the ground.(topcase is on and the tyre is a studded offroadtyre) Front wheel touches just the ground, but I can spinn it around with my hand.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It may depend on how much you have in your topbox before the rear wheel is clear of the ground. Mine does until I empty the box. As for getting the bike on the stand, I found it difficult for a while, but it is ok now. The only problem I have is locating the centrestand with my foot in the dark

·
TA700
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys thanks 4 yr answers :thumbleft:

Today i followed your advice and emptied the top box, and when i lifted the bike on its mainstand the rear wheel was spinning normally and was off the ground. But still it has to be very straight ground level-otherwise the rear wheel touches down..

The mainstand i got is the original one, from Honda-Access. Only in the official foto it looks very different than the one i have on my bike. the part that its pressed by the foot to lift the bike is too small and in the foto is much bigger, so this is why i think is so hard to lift it up...

I would apreciate any tips for lifting it up or any fotos of your stands so i can double check that mine is the original also..

thanks guys..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pics:

Studded Pirelli MT21 tyres. Can´t put whole hand between tyre and floor. but....

"the part that its pressed by the foot to lift the bike is too small"
You have to "move out"(english word for that?) the sidestand before you get your foot on the centerstand.

·
TA700
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Goodmorning V Saarela

Thank you for the fotos, its the same stand as mine..

So how do you lift your bike on the stand ? You just press your body weight on the stand? im 68 kilos and its not enough :grin::grin:

Nice tyres you have !!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I´m not big or tall(1,74metres). At moment my left arm is little bit injured and still haven´t problems to lift.
I think as already ment "learning by doing"

My way:
Left hand on handlebar with the handlebar turned to left. Right hand on the carrier. Foot on the centre.
In one moment, press down the centre and lift straight upwards the bike with your arms.

I think the big misstake beginners do, is trying to pull the bike backwards at same time?

·
TA700
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah you are right..i was trying to pull the bike backwards..
i did it like you said, i pulled the handlebar to the left and lifted upwards the bike, and it was easier

thanks for the tips !!
:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts