Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi
A quick intro to me and my new AT, it's a '97' model with 42'000 miles on, I used to have an AT back in '96 and was very pleased with it, I have brought this one with the intention to ride it to Northern Iraq (I work there) more for the ride there rather than using it when I am there.

I also have a 1200 GS, but that stays in the Uk.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Welcome to XRV IOWAT,

Tidy looking AT there, sounds like quite an adventure riding it to Northern Iraq, should be a fab trip too, any idea of time to get there etc.

I'm sure there will some interest of your proposed trip, the Forum Members will be quite interested.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome to XRV IOWAT,

Tidy looking AT there, sounds like quite an adventure riding it to Northern Iraq, should be a fab trip too, any idea of time to get there etc.

I'm sure there will some interest of your proposed trip, the Forum Members will be quite interested.
+1 on wot he said !!

Welcome

·
Nexus 6
1,320 Posts
Nice bike - the best colour scheme by far :iconbiggrin:

Look forward to reading the report............ Good luck.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard mate,

Northern Iraq, blimey, that's going to be an adventure! Lots of pictures a must lol... Cheers

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
From the Iggle of Wiggle? You'll need to fit a snorkel:D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome to the forum..quite a ride you have planned there. :thumbup: I'd ride it hard between now and the time you go to see if it runs ok and sort any problems out before you go..Good Luck :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses, I plan the ride in Sept when the weather is a bit cooler, the route is France, Italy, ferry to Greece, through Greece, Turkey, and then cross the border into Kurdistan.

Should take 5 days

In the meantime I can prep and ready the bike, but it seems ok so should be not to much drama

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum - next time you disembark the Lymington ferry, pop in for coffee and a natter about everything Africa Twin - drop me a PM for contact details :thumbright: (we're only 2 minutes from the terminal)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts