Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1694 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you new members out there that have ben lurking but not posting.....
here's a thread for you to say Hi in.
We'd love to hear from you.
Just post here by replying to this thread and we'll keep it going.
Be nice to know where you are as well in case you fancy joining in the rideouts.

I've also come to the conclusion that as we're such a big family all over the world there's no point in aiming this site at the UK riders any more although that's where the majority are based. So if you fancy organising a ride out in your country then please post up in the rideouts forum as well!
And anything I can do or you want me to develop then let me know.

Welcome new peeps. :mrgreen:

Reactions: TopBuzz99

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello

:D Just thought I would say Hello to all. Having just joined.
Picked up my first AT last week and very Impressed have done over 400 miles already including an off road bimble with my brother and a group of GS owners (I know :oops: but please don't hold it against me)
I'm in Kent and well up for any meets or rides including off road However I work long silly hours :cry: and every weekend :cry: so very limited .

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
NIce 1150. why do you want to sell ?

I really want an 1150GS Adventurer, but am struggling to justify it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
From the South of ireland here, In the process of buying an AT, when i realised I'm tall enough for both feet to touch the ground(5'11). The fact that the bike i'm looking at has a lowered seat helps too...

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
jvaughan said:
NIce 1150. why do you want to sell ?

I really want an 1150GS Adventurer, but am struggling to justify it.
Thanks, it's a great bike but it's time for it to go. I'm no longer working so I can't justify a "toy" with that kind of value and to that end I'm looking for a Twinky for about £2000 that won't make me feel so guilty when I realise how little I'm using it.
Obviously not to replace it at all would be the best idea, but I can't imagine being without a bike, even if it only comes out once or twice a month! Saw a couple of ATs in France recently, realised that it was what I wanted and looked in a copy of MCN that I'd brought with me where I discovered that you could get them for (almost!) what I want to spend. So here goes!

Roll up, roll up, get your BMW here! :D

Cheers

-Simon

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
Slimie said:
Saw a couple of ATs in France recently, realised that it was what I wanted and looked in a copy of MCN that I'd brought with me where I discovered that you could get them for (almost!) what I want to spend.
Hop over to the For Sale/Wanted forum then, there are two or three for sale there. :wink:

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Just as soon as the GS is gone, I'll be there, unstoppable, with money scorching holes in my pockets!

Anyone want a GS? Please? :D

Cheers

-Simon

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Everyone.

Just joined and finding my way round the site. I bought an 02 Transalp about a month ago and find any and every excuse to get it rolling. I just have one little battle with the seat which wants me to sit against the tank when I want to sit further up the hill, but I'm working on that.

I live on the Hampshire/Dorset border and would like to join a ride out sometime, although not ready to tackle the Salisbury Plain yet!!

Hope to meet some of you sometime.

John

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You'll be fine on the plain.... seriously.
It was all pretty easy going.

Come along and say hi.

·
ignore the vain
943 Posts
Hello I am honestly a new member and am thinking of buying a africa twin when I leave school because there a very big bike and and I have very long legs.
It will take me a long time to save up my 3 pounds a week pocket money but I am stopping the booze and fags because the nice asbo I have been put on keeps me in the house.
When I go to secondary school I can get a part time job to help me save.
Thankyou.

Oh and welcome all the new members we really are normal you know ask yen!

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
12 inch said:
Oh and welcome all the new members we really are normal you know ask yen!
I've just accused a bloke on the dual sport forum of being you with a different name. He's mislaid a similar amount of limb (bloody careless where they leave stuff some people) and owns a Honda Tran Slap.

He's just told us about how he's had to make new higher mountings for the footrests on his 225 Serow cos when he trail rides in ruts he keeps snapping his artificial foot and shin off.

·
ignore the vain
943 Posts
I got my false leg stuck in some marsh once on an xt600e and it came off not funny when your on your own and miles away from civilisation.
Well ok yes it is.
Ive taken the release button off my leg becuase it kept falling off in funny places usually when I am surrounded by people bugger :?

And I know were my leg is its kept in a jar were they remove cell samples to breed a new race of super humans gosh I am so proud.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Guys, a little bit of my history courtesy of Italian Import Proud New Owner, centre stands and that type of stuff. Africa Twin discussion forum. Great help from the guys though. Had it two months now, using it to an from work, makes you look forward to going. Its got a funny colour scheme though, didn't like it a first, but its growing on me. Will try and post a picture, when I gain the technical skills. Sunny Prestwick, West of Scotland. ATs, are like hens teeth up here.

·
Good Moaning
525 Posts
Hello, I´m from Portugal and ride a 2004 Transalp, only 7200 miles yet.
I posted a thread introducing myself before seeing this one, sorry.
I´ll post a couple of pictures from one or two rides so you see what´s it like over here.
I´m enjoying this bike a lot, although sometimes I wish for something a bit more offroadable, never got stuck though (that´s a good thing cause I ride alone)

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome Pete.
When can we all come over to say stay! :mrgreen:
You lucky person you..... having an AT and being in Portugal. Its just too much.

·
Good Moaning
525 Posts
DaveS said:
When can we all come over to say stay! :mrgreen:
:shock:

DaveS said:
You lucky person you..... having an AT and being in Portugal. Its just too much.
It´s a Transalp, and they managed to burn my favourite riding area when I was on holiday :cry: it´s not all it´s cracked up to be

1 - 20 of 1694 Posts