Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1694 Posts

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Hi

Hello, I have already posted a hello in the transalp bit before I noticed this one - Sorry :oops: So I'll do it again.

Just bought my Black 04 Transalp after a disastrous experience with a Buell Lightning. Typical girlie didn't listen to the blokes who warned me but liked the sound of the engine and the fact it left their bikes standing. Not for long though, little bit of rain soon sorted that out and the bloody thing decided to get all hormonal on me - typical a moody bike. After 6 weeks of going back and fore to the dealership to get it fixed I had enough and got rid of it. (Left me out of pocket though :evil: )

Test rode loads of bikes and really liked the Transalp.. My hubby had a Africa Twin for years so that was that. Have been riding it to work for the last week and have had great fun on it.

I tend to give my bike names (that must be a girl thing too) My first was a CB 500 which I called Prozac - I am sure you can guess why. The Buell I called Marmite - Love it or hate it - I now know which. This one is Toes - because that is the only bit of me that can reach the floor. I am alright as long as I don't stop :shock:.

Anyway that's enough of my ramblings. Look forward to chatting on the forum.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi Mabel... and welcome.

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Ah look a nice sweet little blue eyed blonde girlie..........what do you mean that's just an avatar :lol:

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Why, what BIG eyes you have! :shock:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Re: Hi

It's great to welcome female bikers, but especially one who rides all year round. :headbang:
Mabel said:
... This one is Toes - because that is the only bit of me that can reach the floor. I am alright as long as I don't stop :shock:....
I assume you have wound down the rear suspension's pre-load already. It may be possible to lower the front fork yolks too - a 15-minute job. It would be a pity if the seat height spoiled your riding enjoyment.

·
Matron
12,080 Posts

Dee Duble Yuh said:
quote]I assume you have wound down the rear suspension's pre-load already. It may be possible to lower the front fork yolks too - a 15-minute job. It would be a pity if the seat height spoiled your riding enjoyment.
I woulnd't know where to start :oops: :oops: sorry, but know nice man who will. Having said that the seat height definatley not spoiling my fun, I have been on leave this week so have been out riding every day to get used to it and am now fairly confident. The nice sales man in thunder road is looking in their basement for me this week becasue he thinks that there is a lower seat in there that I can have. Even if he doesn't not too much of a problem I've been wizzing in and out of Cardiff this week without too much of a problem. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys been a member for a few months, got a Vara 99, and XRV 750.
Hopfully get to meet up with some of you guys this year and a run or two.
Look forward to my first AT run

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts

Mabel said:
Dee Duble Yuh said:
quote]I assume you have wound down the rear suspension's pre-load already. It may be possible to lower the front fork yolks too - a 15-minute job. It would be a pity if the seat height spoiled your riding enjoyment.
I woulnd't know where to start :oops: :oops: sorry, but know nice man who will. Having said that the seat height definatley not spoiling my fun, I have been on leave this week so have been out riding every day to get used to it and am now fairly confident. The nice sales man in thunder road is looking in their basement for me this week becasue he thinks that there is a lower seat in there that I can have. Even if he doesn't not too much of a problem I've been wizzing in and out of Cardiff this week without too much of a problem. :D
Mabel, don't worry there are several ways of lowering the seat, but with a seat hieght of 34" and an inside leg of 31" I also only touch down with toes, you just have to stay in gear at the junctions with your right foot on the brake, the clutch pulled in and lean left so your left foot's down flat, then clutch out lean right a bit and AAAAAAWWWWWAAAAAYYYYYYYYY :lol:

M

·
0 Posts

Hi all, I've been a member for awhile now but never had the chance to get on here properly, well here goes,
I've always loved the style of the @ but could never find one I liked, that was until I moved from the North East to the south of France, there I met a friend who had just bought a @ but didn't know wot to do with it, (sell it to me ) great news, I bought the bike RD07a Red/White/Blue. Never looked back,Up side.. It still has french plates so not to worried when I get flashed from a speed camera every now and then and the insurance is cheaper in france.Still got my house there. That was back in June 04 and have been riding it ever since, still got only 17km on the clock,Fitted a few extra's:-- Kappa 48ltr back box,wingrack,heated grips,12v adpt,autocom 7-phone,mp3,gps, spotlights and a tall touring screen. I live in Bognor Regis at the moment working.
Never been on a rideout or to a meeting but would love to get out more with fellow @ riders so i can enjoy the bike even more ... Cheers all :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi

Hi I have just registered on this fantastic site! With a few sports bikes in between I have owned a Transalp, an Africa Twin RD07 and an RD07a, then after 5 years with an X11 I currently have a year old Varadero. Looking forward to browsing around the forum and working my way through the 277 pages of pics!!

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Welcome Badger, good to have you onboard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to this forum

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, currently ride a VFR, but quite fancy a Transalp as my next bike.
Live down near Portsmouth.
:D

·
Professional Geek
393 Posts
Hey all.

I'm new here so please be gentle!

I'm looking to buy an AT, as the form of transport for a bit of an adventure. I've been riding sportsbikes for years and love 'em to bits, but my TL aint gonna get me round Morocco! (I'm bored, so I want to go away for a couple of months and do something interesting next spring, want to get the bike sorted sooner rather than later).

So - I'll put a post in the AT forum asking for hints and tips of what to look for - any advice on particular AT foibles very gratefully received!

Look forward to chatting to some of you knowledgeable owners about it all...

·
Frodo's Half brother
1,215 Posts
Hello!

Hello! My name is Perry and I live with MacP - I'm to little to go on his @ yet but I one day!

Hi all say hello to my dog Perry! He's settling in well! :D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
aaaaaah you didnt call him t rex then :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Frodo's Half brother
1,215 Posts
Chad said:
aaaaaah you didnt call him t rex then :lol: :lol: :lol:
No He's named after Lee 'Scratch' Perry a Reggae artiste of High renown (well at least for his 70's Dub stuff anyway!) :D :D :D

He's lovely - mouth full of teeth so don't be fooled by the cute puppy expression!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hi everyone.
Sorry for not introducing myself sooner.
I love the site, good work.
I live outside the UK in sunny Ireland and have a TA about six years which (along with the SHITE road surfaces that we pay a lot of money) for has cured me of my lust for fast sportsbikes.
I'm an off-road virgin and was wondering about taking an off-road course in the UK. Anyone have any opinions on them, they all seem quite dear?

·
Frodo's Half brother
1,215 Posts
41 - 60 of 1694 Posts