Honda XRV Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 1694 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
All the spam posts seem to make a bee line for this thread.

Cheers Hotbulb :thumbup:

PS check out the posts from" Shandra"

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi All picking up a Transalp xl 700 on Monday in the hope that I will be able to do a few Long distance rides soon.
Did 1200 miles on the 1st April in 20 hours on me 35 year old Goldwing 1100 the route I did is here it was supposed to be a 1500 mile ride but bad weather and heavy traffic made me pull the plug on the ride.
Hope to post often

·
Registered
50 Posts
So you sit "outdoors", I hope the 'alp is a success for you :thumbup:
But at least the scenery changes all the time.:p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all!
Been here for a while now, so I guess it's time for the first post!
Got a gift from an old friend a few months ago - a 1992 Dominator - that was on it's way to be parted...No! No way you'r gonna part this bike! I had one just like this 25 years ago! Now...why don't you give it to me in exchange for some cans of beer...deal?...ok, it's a deal!!! So now that she's almost fully assembled I guess I can contribute with some knowledge as little it may be. Greets

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome along. Lots of info on this site hope you enjoy the bike.
Yeah! I've enjoyed this bike soooooooo much, back in 88.....now is just a question of remembering...!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Everyone, An introduction is well overdue...Only just noticed this thread, sorry, have been a bit preoccupied with gleaning info etc. for a rolling restoration of an 88 Dominator. We hail from Essex originally (Brentwood/Ongar/Chelmsford area) but have lived in Adelaide for the last 11 years. Great biking weather here, should be 26C tomorrow and 29C Sunday, not too shabby for autumn :D. The Dommie is great fun when its going...however, currently waiting on a new coil after a sudden high speed ignition failure so will be enjoying the weather out on the pushy instead...

Been a biker on and off since the FS1E days of my youth, to the NX650 via CG125/CD175/GT250/GS550/Z400/FJ1200/600ss/T595i and an Enfield India Bullet 500:compress:. I'm an automotive engineer by trade which is making life difficult with the demise of the industry here in Oz (Ford / GM & Toyota all give it away within the next 18 months) but comes in handy when working on the bikes.

Enjoying this friendly forum and certainly benefiting from all the good knowledge sharing on here.
Cheers Ian

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Yeah! I've enjoyed this bike soooooooo much, back in 88.....now is just a question of remembering...!

its great to get back on a bike you used to own so long ago . I used to own a Honda 400four in cherry red in 88 I was 18 years old now im 45 and nearly 18 stone :lol: I recently rode a yellow one belong to a friend of mine a few months ago it was a lot of fun either the bikes shrunk a lot or I grew a lot but I found it a bit small and cramped and not quite the beast I saw them as in 1982 when I first saw the actual bike I later bought . it stayed around my neighbourhood all that time it used to even overtake the school bus most mornings for a couple of years . it used to be the highlight of my day I was 14 to 16 and bike mad at the time . I never had one before but a bike i really fancy from the 80's is an xl600 lmt . I just have an itch for one since I saw one last summer .

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Hi Everyone, An introduction is well overdue...Only just noticed this thread, sorry, have been a bit preoccupied with gleaning info etc. for a rolling restoration of an 88 Dominator. We hail from Essex originally (Brentwood/Ongar/Chelmsford area) but have lived in Adelaide for the last 11 years. Great biking weather here, should be 26C tomorrow and 29C Sunday, not too shabby for autumn :D. The Dommie is great fun when its going...however, currently waiting on a new coil after a sudden high speed ignition failure so will be enjoying the weather out on the pushy instead...

Been a biker on and off since the FS1E days of my youth, to the NX650 via CG125/CD175/GT250/GS550/Z400/FJ1200/600ss/T595i and an Enfield India Bullet 500:compress:. I'm an automotive engineer by trade which is making life difficult with the demise of the industry here in Oz (Ford / GM & Toyota all give it away within the next 18 months) but comes in handy when working on the bikes.

Enjoying this friendly forum and certainly benefiting from all the good knowledge sharing on here.
Cheers Ian

welcome along Ian its sad to hear about the factory's closing their doors I presume its because of the big shift towards Korean cars these days ? I used to own a 1975 cd 175 myself for a couple of years a long time ago great old thing it was I sat on one a couple of years ago my how they shrunk :lol:

1641 - 1660 of 1694 Posts