OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome Andy

Good luck with the venture

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi to all of you!
I´m a new member and an African Twin RD07 owner from Germany. I have been riding since 1977 and have tried quite a few bikes over the years. I really don´t why it took me so Long to find this bike. I have been riding it since November last year and I think I have found the perfect bike for me. I´m really glad to have this comunity should I run into Problems and Need advice.
One Thing I would like to ask already would be if anyone would be able to give me a tip as to where I might get a good single seat for my bike . I like the Touratech seat with rack but they do not manufacture them anymore.

Thanks and take care!
Marten

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Hi and wellcome to the nut house :thumbup:
If you don't get much of a response try going to the 'big trailie' web site, it's people from here that started/continued when this site started going down hill.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello my name is Mike, I have a 98 AT in black and gold 25.000 miles, commute 28 miles a day across Dartmoor all year round . Great tough motorcycle ,( I've had quite a few over the last 41 yrs ). The usual fuel pump, regulator, tripmaster and battery issues , cured with a facet , aftermarket Chinese regulator , cheap cycle odemeter and heavy duty battery. Love the bike. , great build quality ,it came with honda luggage and I fitted front crash bars . It's also got a non standard exaust although I still have the original . Happy days keep biking .

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Welcome :thumb: This place is really slow so don't be surprised if you don't get any replies for a while and i'm talking days not hours :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all
just joined and will be looking for a xlv750 in the near future.
i have at the moment a 2008 xt660z but have been toying with the idea of a another classic enduro for quite a while now.
I have had a few super tenere’s and dr 800 in the past and really like the look of the old xlv

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there, new on the site, got my 98 750 AT 6 months ago and very happy, 160K miles on it and still going strong. Bought it from a friend (thanks Rudy) that use to do enduro's with it. Strongly modified with all sorts of custom raised and specifically made AT WP suspension front and back. Reduced weight considerably and fitted rally face to it while removing clocks and more! For the purist this is sacrilege but hey its a real beast now and I love it!
Next year I am taking it all the way to Europe, Africa west coast up and East coast down. Doing a 6K mile trip through Southern Africa in Jun/July on it as a trail run!

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
468 Posts
Hi there, new on the site, got my 98 750 AT 6 months ago and very happy, 160K miles on it and still going strong. Bought it from a friend (thanks Rudy) that use to do enduro's with it. Strongly modified with all sorts of custom raised and specifically made AT WP suspension front and back. Reduced weight considerably and fitted rally face to it while removing clocks and more! For the purist this is sacrilege but hey its a real beast now and I love it!
Next year I am taking it all the way to Europe, Africa west coast up and East coast down. Doing a 6K mile trip through Southern Africa in Jun/July on it as a trail run!
Hi and welcome. Let us know when/if you get to Europe (UK, that is) as a meet could be interesting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Will do, will have some stories to tell by then!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi!
I'm Dawid and I was an owner of the great bike: Africa Twin 750 1993 :D
My friend showed me some photos from his motorcycle trips to Balkans ... and after couple of months I've made a driving licence and I bought his bike. It was my first bike, adventure bike :D I was traveling on this bike with my girlfriend. In total we've spent 3 or 4 years with AT. After this time girlfriend have decided to ride her own bike (DR350) and also I've decided to sell AT and change it to XR400. Now we use 2 bikes, with same engine capacity and weight as AT :)
We also have a small YT channel, where we show some motorcycle tinkering stuff (we bought not working DR350 and rebuilded it by ourself :D) and some videos from trips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Comrades - I've just joined and was looking for a place to shed my Alien skin so you don't know what I look like. Judging from the age of this thread it may take awhile before my voyaging message gets a reply, which suits me as my Transalp 650 - 2001 grimaces as it looks me in my eye , when it can see my ugly face behind my ears - never has it let me down though, the loyal machine that it is. Respect to the those of you who have kept the site alive. I have dipped in and out of it over a few millennium from up there and taken much pleasure from your wisdom before finding and owning my chosen earth bike. For one of my kind, it suits me well for my travels amongst you. May the force be with you, and never against you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, My friend turned me on to this forum. I am a new owner of a US '89 Transalp. Bought it back in March and have some work to get it on the road.
Looking forward to the community.
Jason
Brooklyn, NY

1681 - 1694 of 1694 Posts