Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point :)
reading through it seems to be mention of it being a twin, so maybe a smaller version of the Africa Twin,
personally would have liked to see an xr650r lump with an electric start

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ah but this comment maybe points against that:
At this point, we don’t know what size the engine will be or even the number of cylinders. A 650cc single is probably more likely than a middle-weight twin that might take sales away from the NC700X
We shall see......

·
Registered
742 Posts
E-start. Fuel injected, balancer shaft, steel frame, 15 litre tank. It would be great to see.
Keep the same geometry as the original and the same wheel sizes.
FI should make sure the range would be decent.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi Guys,

any more updates on this or if a 2017 Dominator is likely when will Honda make the announcement?

Jamie

·
Registered
356 Posts
If its following the theme of the new AT then it will be made of plastic, full of unreliable gadgets and electronics and heavy with cheap suspension... But undoubtedly styled to look like it could do thr Dakar and priced accordingly..

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
I thought the new AT was reliable? I did find a report about someone's DCT going a bit mental but thought that was an isolated case?

I think I need another bike next year and an R6 is probably a bad choice so starting to look around.

·
Registered
358 Posts
So to be naïve would getting a manual be a way around the current issue? or does the manual still use electrics? Forgive my total lack of knowledge..

·
Registered
356 Posts
Its not just Honda, BMW etc. All flagship models of all brands are the same. Consumers want gimmicks, tricks and rider aids. With all gadgets comes an element of high maintenance and dealer dependance to keep them running.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts