Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suddenly realised I have been riding my recon RD04 for 12,000 miles. Effectively that is 12,000 miles from new (even though the engine had done 65,000 before the recon).

I have changed the oil and oil filter three times in that 12,000 miles but done nothing else - just abused it. I'm going to do oil again plus, fuel filter, air filter and plugs, and I'll adjust the clutch, but while I have the tank off what else should I be doing/checking/adjusting?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
carb sync?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carb balance, valve clearances, lube choke cables if you still have them.
Do they have a gauze in the fuel tap?

3 filters in 12k sounds a lot.
I decided to change the oil every 3,000 miles. A new filter in what, £6?. It seemed when changing the oil I might as well change the filter.
I am not a tight-fisted northerner like you:blob7:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Check the gangle pin is torqued to 10Nm after you have balanced the carbs, as they do tend to undo themselves and get lost.

:thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check the gangle pin is torqued to 10Nm after you have balanced the carbs, as they do tend to undo themselves and get lost.

Which gangle pin? The one just under the floojemeflip, near the ploonwrangle? or the one that connects the sprongawonga bracket to the flange?:lol:

Reactions: Machiru

·
Registered
92 Posts
The WHAT pin??????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts