Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new around here so please be gentle!

Thought I would share some feedback on my 10 year old @ having had it now for 1 month.

First - you will be pleased to know that it cut out on me for the third time this weekend but I have found the culprit - the fuel pump :twisted: - still it gets this problem out of the way.

Now I had an F650 GS a while back and found this to be a useful bike but not comfortable and the wind buffeting gave me a headache - couldnt ride it over 60mph for long!

Last year I had a KTM 950 Adventure but it was traded for an EXC because I couldnt ride it over 70 mph because of wind buffeting. I did try and fix the problem with different screens but these only made the problem different. The bike was great off road and mental on road at high revs - but it wasnt fantastic and certainly not something you @ owners should be envious about. When the price of used ones come down to 4K then I guess it will be a difficult call between an @ or a 950 - but take my advice and ride it on the motorway first (by the way I am average height at 5'10''). Strangely - that used to cut out now and again even with the carb icing mods done. Also, you can only take the off road seriously if you are prepared to pay 660 pounds per side for the fuel tank.

I have had a transalp also - this was good and a great all round bike, but it lacked something - or may be I just wasnt happy because I had always wanted an @! :roll:

Anyway - I now have an @ and guess what - on my first real outing I couldn't believe the wind buffeting :cry: - I thought I was never going to get a big traillie I was happy riding on a motorway. Thanks to you guys I took some of your advice and got myself an MRA vario screen. So far brilliant, no buffeting at 70mph+ and that was with the visor still up :D Things are definately looking good, so maybe I have a decent big traillie now, and I can see why they get into your blood. :wink:

Let's see how me and the big girl get on!

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Average hight 5"10???
Not on here :lol: :lol: :lol:
But welcome anyway,glad to hear you enjoying your @

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
Welcome bimble_bill

Last year I had a KTM 950 Adventure but it was traded for an EXC because I couldnt ride it over 70 mph because of wind buffeting.
I took a KTM990 for a test ride this year when it came to getting a new bike, It was a superb bike except I couldn't focus above 70 because of wind buffeting, I thought it was just me as it was never mentioned by the bike press in roadtests and reviews. Heighjt wise I'm just over 6'2".

I ended up buying a new Transalp, but do agree with you about the something lacking, it does everything I need from a bike but seems to lack soul, I keep looking at Buells and 1150GSs but thats another story.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
welcome aboard bill good to see your enjoying the @ once you have it offroad it will get under your skin even more .

your right about the ktm....£ 660 per side on the fuel tanks is bloody spitefull im supprised of the amount of guys riding around on them without crashbars i would have thought this would have been the first purchace even before the first tank of fuel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

enjoy the site mate :thumbright:

chad !

·
Registered
169 Posts
WELCOME Mr B
:wav:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Welcome everyone new.... as I see there are a few new members again today. :mrgreen:

I think I need to get another off-road rideout going.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts