Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I am currently searching for new bushings and spacers (and bolts and seals) for the Pro Link rear suspension linkage, anyone know if someone are selling these parts?

Mine are very rusty and I am rebuilding the whole bike so I would like to get new parts to avoid future problems.

Also, does anyone know if the linkage from a later Transalp (1989 and forward) with needle bearings fits on the old swingarm?

Any advise?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Use this site for the Honda part no. and availaibility Honda Xl600v Transalp 1987 (h) Northern Europe parts list partsmanual partsfiche

Double check part no.s using David Silvers find by part no. by copy pasting Search By Part Number - Parts For Honda Motorcycles - David Silver Spares or google - 1987 means a lot of parts are now discontinued but some parts might have continued use in different later Hondas and still be available.

Take seals and bearings to a local bearing stockist and see if they can match them with cheaper but just as good alternatives to OEM.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use this site for the Honda part no. and availaibility Honda Xl600v Transalp 1987 (h) Northern Europe parts list partsmanual partsfiche

Double check part no.s using David Silvers find by part no. by copy pasting Search By Part Number - Parts For Honda Motorcycles - David Silver Spares or google - 1987 means a lot of parts are now discontinued but some parts might have continued use in different later Hondas and still be available.

Take seals and bearings to a local bearing stockist and see if they can match them with cheaper but just as good alternatives to OEM.
Thanks a lot for the reply,unfortunately are the parts needed obsolete.

Does anyone know if the linkage from a later model (1989-forward) is interchangable with the 1987 linkage, while still using the same swingarm, damper and frame?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi,
Marksman industrial will supply full bearing and seals for the pro link, for about £ 34.00, but if you need the collars then bite the bullet and buy new it's the only way, arm and a leg cost.

·
Registered
843 Posts
If you take the old obsolete collar parts with the linkage & new bearings etc to an engineering firm they could possibly make them on a lathe.

As for the 1989 compatibility they are just as old and you'd have the same problem sourcing spares. But if you can get a linkage in good condition then measure it/offer it up to see if it will work - trial & error...

·
Registered
59 Posts
check on ebay the link, as for the bushes i would advise either all balls kit either bushes and seals from cmsnl and bearings from ebay - skf - or other major brands
the only things i would buy from honda would be the seals adn the bushes..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts