Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just jumped forums!
Until yetsreday I owned a mint 2000 RD07 AT. I had it from new, 38,000 miles and it never missed a beat. Fantastic bike, but I wanted a bit more power and comfort so I traded up to a new Varadero.
Rode it back home from the showroom last night. Only 20 miles but it felt great. I think I am going to enjoy this bike as much as I did the AT.
I need to get a few miles under my belt now and get the bike in for its first service before I do a ten day trip through France at the end of June 07.
Keep you informed of how it goes and any differences I find between the two bikes.
:)

·
aka Oxbone :)
1,514 Posts
Just jumped forums!
Until yetsreday I owned a mint 2000 RD07 AT. I had it from new, 38,000 miles and it never missed a beat. Fantastic bike, but I wanted a bit more power and comfort so I traded up to a new Varadero.
Rode it back home from the showroom last night. Only 20 miles but it felt great. I think I am going to enjoy this bike as much as I did the AT.
I need to get a few miles under my belt now and get the bike in for its first service before I do a ten day trip through France at the end of June 07.
Keep you informed of how it goes and any differences I find between the two bikes.
:)

Congratulations 915....Was the dealer Devimede by chance?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer was 'Sutton Motorcycles' on the outskirt of Tamworth. They are Honda dealers. I had to wait about a week for the new bike. Fairly good service I would say on the whole.

·
aka Oxbone :)
1,514 Posts
The dealer was 'Sutton Motorcycles' on the outskirt of Tamworth. They are Honda dealers. I had to wait about a week for the new bike. Fairly good service I would say on the whole.
I know suttons.... just off the island about 150 yards....
Had they got much SH stock in?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not too much second hand stuff in there Oxbone. Mostly new machines. Transalp's, 700cc Deauville's, CB1300S and the usual aray of sports models. (They have a good clothing and parts department on the 1st floor).
The CB1300S is a nice bike by the way.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Welcome. I'm sure you'll find the Vara excellent for your France trip.
:blob:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Welcome
I'm sure you will be as pleasantly supriced as most of us,much better bike than the reputation it has :D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
nice one mate...recent convert myself and lovin it:cool:

·
Ex Vara Rider
446 Posts
Good choice of bikes. Did you go for the 07 model or they still getting rid of the 06 version?

I went around Saxony in Germany at Easter my Vara it was a great tourer, you'll love it in France and I hope you have better weather than we had.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good choice of bikes. Did you go for the 07 model or they still getting rid of the 06 version?
It is the 2006 model. I was told that the new model 2007 does not come out until later in the year, which was too late for me. The changes are only cosmetic I believe.
The new bike looks and sounds great. Before the trip to France I hope I will be able to fit a fender extender on the front and a rear hugger on the back, just to help keep it clean. Plus my 46ltr top box.
I intend to have a look at some of the other bits and pieces that are available for these bikes at the national meet in September.

·
Ex Vara Rider
446 Posts
Hugger isn't a problem to fit but he front fender extender is a bar steward, real pain to get the mudguard off. In the end I glued mine on with black silicon so now holes in the mud guard and looks neat too.

·
17,680 Posts
Hugger isn't a problem to fit but he front fender extender is a bar steward, real pain to get the mudguard off. In the end I glued mine on with black silicon so now holes in the mud guard and looks neat too.

bloody good idea mr nice guy.a bloody good idea:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Ex Vara Rider
446 Posts
Trust me the silicon was the third idea after giving up trying to remove the mudguard, then thinking of putting the fender extender on ebay. I then remembered the previous owner of my house used silicon for everything and what a sod it was to correct any naff job he'd done.:banghead:

·
17,680 Posts
Trust me the silicon was the third idea after giving up trying to remove the mudguard, then thinking of putting the fender extender on ebay. I then remembered the previous owner of my house used silicon for everything and what a sod it was to correct any naff job he'd done.:banghead:
its funny an old window fitters motto if in doubt ......silicone saves the day:D

·
17,680 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts