Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a set of BT45's on my 700 Alp - removing the renown deathwings I lived with until the front went off.

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Feels like a different bike. I mostly do tarmac miles with daily commuting and a fair bit of motorway miles so dual compound was a must as was slow and fast speed stability with flickability and maneuvering being important.

Really easy to balance at slow speeds, very flickable and the biggest differences are the bikes wiliness to lean into corners (especially the front) and high speed stability. Havent tried heavy braking yet as just waiting to run them in but hopefully the sun will shine tomorrow for that!

Off to Ireland for the weekend next week and an comfortable 1k miles on new rubber.

B

·
0 Posts
Humm - interesting. Not being one to go off-road by choice, I'd be looking for very road-biased tyres. Let us know how you get on :)

Keith.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you choose stay with 29psi ?
Funny that - the garage asked what I wanted and I asked him to put in what the guide said -I was running 32 on the death wings, even two up but may keep a closer eye on these.

29 seems to keep the tyre round with minimal contact patches - the tyre doesnt fall into the corners nor lag so I guess thats it running well.

Any other experiences?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on my new tyres.

I cant begin to say how much better these tyres are - im riding over manhole covers in the wet and it sticks way better than the deathwings. Braking is a big improvement in the wet too, ive just got so much more confidence on the bike now.

Why oh why do they put those things on as standard?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Update on my new tyres.

deathwings.

Why oh why do they put those things on as standard?
To keep the cost of the bike down, or because They have a mate who works there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts