Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've convinced myself that I should buy a Touring Scottoiler for my 2001 Transalp. There seems to be a good deal on E-Bay at present with a company called 24-7-bikes. The price is £79:95 plus £6:95 P+P, which is cheaper than Scottoiler themselves! The only problem is whether to go for the "DualInjector" or the new "Slipper Block", does anyone have any experience of the "Slipper Block"? If so, what do you think of it?

Thanks, Davy :thumbup:

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
I keep saying this, but save £80 and stick an old sauce bottle somewhere on your bike, shove a tube into it and connect to the main scotoiler reservoir. It works exactly the same and costs next to nowt. Scotoiler are a great company but on this they really are ripping you off.

Oh, I dont know what a slipper block is but I have the dual injector and would reccomend it, although its a bit a faff to fit, but thats probably only me.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
I tested the prototype slipper block for scottoiler,it didn't work on my alp.

I only got about a couple of thousand miles before it ate itself.The block is still experimental as far as I know,not patented,the rubber heated up and you could smell when it was about to commit hari kari,it left rubber on the chain and got chewed up and spat out by going through the front sprocket where it embedding itself inside the sprocket cover and got really mangled.I had the feed from my tourer on about 9 to maximise the amount of oil to the block as this was the second block I had fitted,the first I had it on about 3 and that lasted about 150 miles.
I'd stick with the more tried and tested drip feed, a double dripper will always use twice as much oil but not necessarily do twice as much good,, I only use a single feed and have had no problems.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I was told by a bike mechanic (who had a few years under the saddle :cyclopsani: ) spraying the chain with a good chain wax once a week outside, inside and both chain walls as better than the scotoiler. I've kept to that regime and it appears to be working. :thumbup: Few bob saved

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
i fitted the scottoiler as soon as i got the varadero and i havent adjusted my chain for six months. i got the touring numberplate reservoir for christmas and i havent topped it up since then either.

nuff said.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I keep saying this, but save £80 and stick an old sauce bottle somewhere on your bike, shove a tube into it and connect to the main scotoiler reservoir. It works exactly the same and costs next to nowt. Scotoiler are a great company but on this they really are ripping you off.

Oh, I dont know what a slipper block is but I have the dual injector and would reccomend it, although its a bit a faff to fit, but thats probably only me.
Sooooo right
Have a look at this
Last pic:D:D:thumbleft:

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=23711

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I've convinced myself that I should buy a Touring Scottoiler for my 2001 Transalp. There seems to be a good deal on E-Bay at present with a company called 24-7-bikes. The price is £79:95 plus £6:95 P+P, which is cheaper than Scottoiler themselves! The only problem is whether to go for the "DualInjector" or the new "Slipper Block", does anyone have any experience of the "Slipper Block"? If so, what do you think of it?

Thanks, Davy :thumbup:
i had the dual injector on my varadero, i took it off as i found the injector closest to the wheel use to flap about and put the oil over my wheel.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Sooooo right
Have a look at this
Last pic:D:D:thumbleft:

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=23711
and your point is?????:)

Here's mine when it was newish. http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=17903&highlight=tomato Label's gone now and its picked some road crap as well.

On the Vara its a Garlic and Chilli sauce bottle tucked inside the right hand side panel - and totally FOC as I had all the bits left over from last time. About a 10 minute fitment as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts