Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
yes but only info appears to be as above, did some searching as a friend is interested in NC750 & we wondered if the 750s were going to be 850s for 2021, shared mechanicals, so current models may be cheaper as end of line.
Will the 850 be a smaller AT fully equipped with current 'toys' as the new small AT &/or perhaps a simple machine with bare necessity of electronics as a TA?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Does anyone else think this will be too close to the CRF1000L and should be a 750 or smaller

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, I think it should be a 750cc, putting out about 75-85 bhp, with no electronics except ABS, priced about £7,000 new, weighing no more than 200kg

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
yes, I think it should be a 750cc, putting out about 75-85 bhp, with no electronics except ABS, priced about £7,000 new, weighing no more than 200kg
Less than 200kg would be nice but i think just a dream for us all the Yamaha T7 is 204kg about as close as we are going to get i think, but we all got plenty of time to dream at the moment :)

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
maybe they should just re-release the TA 700, with a 21" front wheel, 6 speed gearbox, as well as making it less ugly
At only 13kg lighter than my 2016 CRF1000 i think i'll stick with that and i agree about the 700's looks, some will argue with us but it wasn't the best looking bike.
What i'd like to see from Honda is something to compete with the Husky 701 maybe a revamped XR650r with electric boot and road bike service intervals

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to appeal to the touring market it has to be a twin cylinder engine

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Many of us want a 'simple' bike, but we do not buy new machines, I have only brought 2 new bikes in 55 years and 100s of bikes I have owned..
The manufacturers are building for the new market lead by the media that enthuse over electronic goodies.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes, there does seem to be a bit of an "arms race" to give bikes ever more cc and electronics, but I suspect that is also a convenient tactic to charge £15-£20,000 for a new bike!

the success of the Tenere 700 does imply that there is a market for a "simple" bike

The manufacturers are building for the new market lead by the media that enthuse over electronic goodies.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
to appeal to the touring market it has to be a twin cylinder engine
Yes but i'm in the market for a 600cc trail bike lol so come on Honda build the bloody thing i'm so tempted by the 701 right now

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes but i'm in the market for a 600cc trail bike lol so come on Honda build the bloody thing i'm so tempted by the 701 right now
Take a look at the Husquarna Facebook first. i also was looking at the 701 LR, but with the feedback from customers on that Facebook page I thought no way. better to wait and see what Honda brings, either small AT or a new TA.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I include shaft drive in the gismo section on a simple, small (800cc!) bike, but probably will not be simple in order to raise the price.

·
Registered
134 Posts
shaft drive on a 700cc bike? they wont do that. too heavy
CX500 ?
XLV750 ?

😂
The blurb said 850cc, Guzzi V85TT seems to be selling well, it's mainly the worthless electronic gizmos that put me off buying one of those, although the simplicity of air cooling appeals.
Maybe Enfield will build a 750 Himalayan to replace my TA600

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the performance of a CX500 and an XLV750 would not sell in a brand new bike these days

1 - 20 of 26 Posts