Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes - you have read that correctly :D

We now have new stock of countershafts suitable for all XRV750 engines.:thumbup:

As Honda no longer manufacture them for the RD04, RD07, or RD07A, we are offering an alternative countershaft that is a perfect fit.

We have carefully measured these against an original countershaft and the only difference is a chamfered end rather than a flat end which does not impact at all on using this countershaft in your Africa Twin.

We now have a few in stock with more coming as soon as Honda can supply them.:thumbright:

OEM Honda Countershaft - RD04/07/07A (1992 - 2003) - Rugged Roads

·
Administrator
1,784 Posts
Just a passing thought ... my splines were fine last time I looked ..... but do these fit the Transalp engines ? (or are TA parts available?).

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a passing thought ... my splines were fine last time I looked ..... but do these fit the Transalp engines ? (or are TA parts available?).
They're different for the Transalp XL650V - but it would seem that they are still available - p/n 23220-MCB-610

Reactions: hotbulb

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Great news indeed. Considering the shafts were made for a bike that was produced until 2013, it will ensure there's ample stock on those for future generations of AT lovers ;-)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Does the same engine share other adaptable parts to replace 'lost' AT parts?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Great find Jonathan :thumbup:

After many years of being a Yam and Suzi fanboy, the mysteries of Honda's catalogue numbers are still a grown-up's colouring book to me ;)

The XRV bearings and seals should fit from the XRV to the VTR shaft, and I'd guess that the issues with the alleged iffy case-hardening on the RD04 countershafts has been addressed, although from what I've read, Honda did sort the problem out with the RD07A and onward shafts.

I've ordered one, and of course the "bolt for my engine" thingy cost about 20 quid, when my wife asks; just like everything else that I buy for my Twin.

Well, apart from the Arrow Dakar can, which was about 40 quid :toothy10:

Edit: When I said that the Arrow can was Italian, like Ferrari and Lamborghini, she understood :compress:

·
Registered
37 Posts
CMS have just sent out a notification to say P/N 23220 MV1 000 is available again too. Probably the same part in a different bag.

Reactions: TopBuzz99

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Jonathan,

are you planning to try to do make the same for RD03 by any chance?

Also, will you extend the spare you can make through your contacts, for RD07 at least, in the likely event, Honda is going to limit spare production to the new AT only?

Cheers!
GC

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hi Jonathan,

are you planning to try to do make the same for RD03 by any chance? GC
The shaft is not a custom produced part. It is a Honda off-the-shelf shaft intended for the VT750C which was produced until 2013

1 - 14 of 14 Posts