Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right still getting cocks in cars pulling out on me and generally getting the gormless look afterward ... and thats before i take the mirror off or apply size 11 Sidi crossfires down the rear quater :teeth:

Side ive brightened things up somewhat front and rear :D

So 2 900 lumin spots on the front pointing around 4 meters in front of the bike. Boy this make hell of a differance on the way to work through the lanes at 6.40 in the morning.....

htt

[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i46/daf123td/IMAG1337.jpg

You get a few drivers flashing there light as there bright with a capital B but not pointing in directly in there line of vision.

Now for the rear , ive had a Edge LED light on the back of the Drz for 40k or so with no problems and ive found another new one i had still in the box so this when on the rear.

Again super bright esp compaired with the standard unit. I drilled through the rack ribs in the centre to hide and protect the wire then just connected it to the socket under the side panel.

Quite pleased with the outcome ....

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like the front lights, are they the ones from 2allbuyer on fleabay, they seem to be quite highly rated on here.
What is the rear light, had my son follow me home from the National and the only comment he made, as to visibility, was that the rear light wasnt the brightest, been looking for something suitable to replace it.

Rick

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
I've got similar lights in front, I got them from "24x7diy" on ebay. They have a webshop too, 24x7diy.com

They certainly are bright, like lighting a small sun at night. :mrgreen: I've got them linked to the high beam though, not on all the time.

I've had them on the bike for 20k miles now, they still work fine. Decent quality for the price.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Bright is a slight understatement!

You have to love that gormless look from the car drivers though, I'll always remember the bemused look on the pick up drivers face who pulled out infront of me as I slid into his rear quarter landing in the back of his truck looking like a goretex clad illegal immigrant trying to smuggle myself across a border :D

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Looks good Packman

·
Administrator
6,922 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There the ones , postage was around £11 , been looking for a while they seem very well made and mine are on all the time via a switch on the lower part of the bars. Very little currant draw as well the term night and day is best discribed :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I've got six of the 1600 lumin ones on the Stelvio, turns dark country lanes to daylight,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Nice lights - and having them out wide really increases the chance that you will be seen.

I always raise my hand and thank drivers that flash me - I think it's courteous to acknowledge drivers that let you know they have seen you :D:D:D

THIS THREAD shows what I did on mine way back in 2007 - you can see what I did to my rear end as well :thumbleft: (page 2 I think)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ahh just checked that thread out , would u believe ive had that bike on my screen saver at work !!!!!!!

The rear lights look the nuts , my single one on the rear look very bright in the dark ...... :thumbup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Stormforce, do you feel they overpower the indicators when they are in use? .. if you get what I mean.

Here are mine, much brighter than they look, honest.

at5a.jpg

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mimimal currant draw thats the good thing about LED plus the brightness , ive still only got one headlamp on when riding normally.

Is it just a matter of piggy backing another wire accross from the working headlamp :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts