Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Thinice
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d had my Dominator for a couple of years and fancied a change. I had decided on a Transalp 650 and started looking a few weeks back, I advertised on the forum but nothing came up. Went to look at a few but they were rats with rotting rims and fork legs, these were 2004 – 2007 models!!! Then they got scarce, some said it was folk not trading their bikes in, prices went silly and so I decided to test ride a Fazer, big mistake, frightened myself to death, not the power just the snatchy way it delivered it and the fact that it was doing 30mph at 6,000 rpm in top! Then saw a 2001 Transalp 650 on eBay, thought it was a bit older than I wanted but decided to have a look as it was local. Very pleasantly surprised 14k, 1 owner, part service history so a deal was done for under 2 grand, the engine looked like new. So how was she? Smooth, comfortable, powerful, everything she should not be on paper, what an underrated bike. Just a couple of pictures including my fir st mod – a touring screen from David Silver, highly recommended if anyone’s considering one.

·
Registered
773 Posts
nice condition bike

and well done for posting photos without prompting

(but you might want to edit out yer reg plate).

/td

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
not seen that colour before? looks good.

I don't think that this colour was ever an official colour choice in the UK. The only bikes that I have seen it on are imported bikes - the big give away being the KPH speedo.

To be sure, you can put the VIN into the ZSF website and see what comes up.

A friends bike that is this colour comes up as "ED", which is a european model. My own bike (which is silver) comes up as an "E" model, which is UK.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Looks a good deal there.:D

·
Thinice
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I don't think that this colour was ever an official colour choice in the UK. The only bikes that I have seen it on are imported bikes - the big give away being the KPH speedo.

To be sure, you can put the VIN into the ZSF website and see what comes up.

A friends bike that is this colour comes up as "ED", which is a european model. My own bike (which is silver) comes up as an "E" model, which is UK.
Interesting, the VIN number does come up as ED (although there is a drop down box with E and F options) but the speedo is in MPH and I have the original purchase receipt from a local Honda main dealer so it's definitely a uk bike?

Maybee others can shed some light on this..

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Interesting, the VIN number does come up as ED (although there is a drop down box with E and F options) but the speedo is in MPH and I have the original purchase receipt from a local Honda main dealer so it's definitely a uk bike?

Maybee others can shed some light on this..

Could have been bought in by the dealer and had the speedo and headlight changed. As fas as I know, ED signifies a European model. Nowt to worry about though and a cracking bike by the look of it. :thumbup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
163 Posts
I could be wrong but I think that is the 2000 XL650V-Y, in Mint Lime Green, Colour code GY102-M.

The Code should be under the seat on the RHS top frame rail. perhaps a dealer pre registered it and sold it in 2001 as that colour disappeared on the 2001 XL650V-1.

Bike looks to be a cracker. Is it as good as the photo? It looks much better than my 2000V-Y but mine had been used and probably abused by the law, I'm slowly refurbishing it bit by bit.

Paul

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
That does look in very good condition for its age.
I also like the colour it makes the bike stand out against the crowd.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes thats the same colour as mine it was bought 3 years ago but never used think i was lucky coming across it by means of a mutual friend.It has a Givi screen on but i will need some small hard panniers shortly looking to see whats about at the moment.Cant believe the fuel consumption its double to what ive been used to.All in all a great bike.

·
Thinice
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just put my Vin number in and it came up ED but with a drop down box
was i using the right site zsf-motorrad.de/en

Yes, that's the one I was using. Seems like ED is comming up as the default, probably cause it's a German site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts