Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of pictures of my latest toy

Having already owned a 660 Tenere, IMHO the “R” version of the 660 kicks ass. Lighter (easier to pick up without popping a vertebra when you drop it :rolleyes: :D), more flickable and you get than “wind in yer face” effect with it not having a fairing :thumbup:.
Came with a set of Arrow cans which, even with baffles in, are a tad loud! Knobblies are next on the shopping list.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Very nice Steve, is this in place of, or as well as the GS? :iconbiggrin:

Andy.

·
Hill Rider
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the mo Andy it's as well as.

This is to replace the 125 Vara and the 600 Alp on commuting duties (worked as an excuse when discussing the purchase with the Boss ;))

Steve T

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice bike Steve.

I'm on my second xt660,it's another z but bought for R money.Yeah know what you mean though the z can be a heavy beast off road.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Aha, so that's the little beastie then ??
Very nice my boy, good choice :thumbup:

When you've finished taking it to bits, can we go out and play ?? :cool::cool:

Thought Jim said you were buying a Van Van ( cos it's lighter to pick up !! ) Ain't that so Jim ?? :confused::D

·
Hill Rider
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
. . . When you've finished taking it to bits, can we go out and play ?? :cool::cool: . . .
Once I've got a decent set of knobblies fitted, yes. It's wearing well worn Tourances at the mo, and I'd like to wear them down a bit as I get used to the bike before replacing them. Went for a little spin on it yesterday - hence the pictures, and it leans for Britain in the bends and, even with the well worn tyres, it holds a line on the slidey stuff I encountered yesterday.

But . . . . . . it does collect sh1te! It was minging by the time I got home.

Steve T

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one Steve

·
Hill Rider
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, it's new name will be the Minger then? :rolleyes: :icon_smile:.
Only girls give thier bikes names, so NO, it's not called Minger . . . . . . . . . it's called Wee Black Beastie :rolleyes: :D ;)

. . . . and it sits next to the Yella Peril and the Polished Turd in the garage :clown:

Nice one Steve
Cheers Paul :thumbup:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Only girls give thier bikes names, so NO, it's not called Minger . . . . . . . . . it's called Wee Black Beastie :rolleyes: :D ;)

. . . . and it sits next to the Yella Peril and the Polished Turd in the garage :clown:
OK dear. :iconbiggrin:

Andy.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Yes John, a Van van would be easier to pick up than the Yam! ;) LOL!

That said, the 660R is lower to the deck than the 660Z, have you fell off this one yet Steve? LOL!

If this snow doesn't stop you'll certainly need knobblies, that said, the Van van's got such wide tyres it'll perform better in deep snow any way!

Roll on better weather so we can see this new Yamaha at work.

Speak soon guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts