Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just received my order from Grave (based on comments on here). I have to say that so far I'm very impressed (lets see how the fitting goes).

I ordered the crash bars with the MicroDE's and a sump guard and the workmanship looks very good.

The sump guard is very light weight but is nice and study and looks the nuts.

Its just a shame the couriers can't take better care of the boxes. Never mine, they'll be bent and scraped quite a lot more by the end of the year. :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
I've just received my order from Grave (based on comments on here). I have to say that so far I'm very impressed (lets see how the fitting goes).

I ordered the crash bars with the MicroDE's and a sump guard and the workmanship looks very good.

The sump guard is very light weight but is nice and study and looks the nuts.

Its just a shame the couriers can't take better care of the boxes. Never mine, they'll be bent and scraped quite a lot more by the end of the year. :D
Hi mate!

Would you share prices and how much time you had to wait for these with us?
Cheers

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep no problem.

The money hit their account 01 of Feb. Unfortunately the box went to Slovakia before going back to Grave and then onto me (courier c0ck up).

So now the bars are better travelled than the bike :eek:

The crash bars with the extra lashing points was 4,500 czech thingies = £154

The sump guard was 4,700 = £160

The lights were 3030 = £103 a pair. Wanted the Xenon ones but at about £350 a pair I couldn't stomach it.

Looking at them I'd say they're worth the money. I'm gonna be doing quite a bit of off road this year, so they'll be put to the test.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I went for the crash bars only, cost me £231 including a £20 bank charge and postage. Well worth it, look the business, but haven't been tested yet- won't be long though! ;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eventually I got round to fitting them today and other than the wiring for the lights it was a doddle.

To get the lights working the way I wanted took the best part of 4 hours checking the Haynes wiring diagram and basically stripping the entire bike trying to find the wire I wanted.

I want them on permanently (if the headlight/ignition are on) and as yet no switch to turn them off independently (still can't decide if I want one or not). Problem is that the wiring you can easily get to would only permit lights on low or high beam, not both. The wire I wanted was a little loop going from the "lights on" switch to the high/low beam switch, which is a 5cm bit of wire in the handlebar switch.

Anyway all working as expected now, and bike is all back together so am happy, haven't been for a ride yet to see the difference but I'll keep you posted when I have.

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Grave - good kit, worth the wait, if you have the 55w lights, put a switch in, otheriwse they kill your battery from experience, well happy with mine :thumbup:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to the Haynes the output of the Alternator should be 368w @5000rpm (where mine lives its life) :D

So Headlight and Aux lights 55w x 3 = 165w
+
Taillight @ 5w
=170w
So it should be ok, do you alot of town riding? Low rpm?

I'll know tomorrow when I have to bump it off.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Hope you don't drain the battery Dysan - I should be able to see you set off in the morning from Barnsley :p

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far so good. All lights and heated grips (75%) and it still starts on a morning. :thumbright:

Went on my first little off-road session on the way from site to the accountants. There's a wood near where I grew up that has a number of unclassified roads through it (ex WWII airfield) and there's not much of the roads left.

I think when I come across something more difficult I'm going to get a lot of exercise picking the bike up.

I got a little pic whilst there.

Lights on

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Nice triangle of lights there Dysan that will help with being seen.
Nice one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts