Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I picked up my new Transalp 600 from Phil W recently and took it out for a quick ride last night and stopped for a couple of pictures as it was a nice spot:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One curious thing though, should my rear rack look like this ... looks like its missing something, anyone know what should be there, or indeed where I can source a replacement cheapish? :

cheers

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
There is a top plate that fixes to it using the 6 threaded holes.. two Honda types, one thin so you can strap stuff too it, one thicker that can take a U lock.. but they are often replaced with Givi or kappa top plates for top boxes.. if you ger a toopbox with the matching plate then you can mount that :thumbup:

One curious thing though, should my rear rack look like this ... looks like its missing something, anyone know what should be there, or indeed where I can source a replacement cheapish? :

cheers

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
anyone know what should be there, or indeed where I can source a replacement cheapish?
Anyone know whether one off a Dommie will fit? If so, I have one sitting in my garage that takes a U-lock.

What's the measurements between the holes?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Anyone know whether one off a Dommie will fit? If so, I have one sitting in my garage that takes a U-lock.

they are all the same one of an RD07 i picked up fett my RD03+ and the 600 TA

should fit, worth a try

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thnx guys for the info :

'There is a top plate that fixes to it using the 6 threaded holes.. two Honda types, one thin so you can strap stuff too it, one thicker that can take a U lock...

they are all the same one of an RD07 i picked up fett my RD03+ and the 600 TA
should fit, worth a try '

cheers raymo - as I wont always be using a top box, sometimes just strapping a soft bag on the back it looks like I need to source a 'top plate'

'Anyone know whether one off a Dommie will fit? If so, I have one sitting in my garage that takes a U-lock.

Alan - I'll measure mine tonight and let you know if thats ok but its sounds promising

Cheers

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts