Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I need some new rubber for my 54 TA, which are on the original set from new. I only commute and do a monthly ride out all road stuff so not looking for knobblies, more of a road tyre, any suggestions. I live in Scotland and ride all year so need to be good in the wet and cold:wav:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Bridgestone BT45s.... Best road tyre for the money, IMO. Good wet weather grip, chicken strip shredding in the dry and lasts ages....

·
Registered
136 Posts
All I've got experience of on the TA is the Tourance and it seems just fine to me. The rear was squared off and at the end of its life when I got the bike and I replaced it for another Tourance. I'm glad I did too.

Seems good wet or dry, though I'm no hero on wet roads so what it's like when pushed I couldn't say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys
I need some new rubber for my 54 TA, which are on the original set from new. I only commute and do a monthly ride out all road stuff so not looking for knobblies, more of a road tyre, any suggestions. I live in Scotland and ride all year so need to be good in the wet and cold:wav:

Thanks Peeps, need to do a bit of research and dealer location now, loved the B T45's in the dry, had a few touch and go's in the wet and below -5, which was nice!!! and it is totally squared off.:D:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I have had BT45's, Tourance and Ankees on my 52 TA, so far I would put them all on again but BT45's are at the top not tried them in the real cold but had a couple of moments with the Tourance's, but to be fair could have been my riding however I am really enjoying the BT's the out and out road nature of the tyre is an excellent feeling.

Lets know how you get on... :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
Ive been running Metzler Tourance both front and back, and I commute and tour 2-up in all weathers. Yes they are slightly knobbly but I'm well pleased. Good in both wet and dry.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Any tire will do as long as it is kept at the correct pressures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Metzeler Tourance EXP
Best wet tyre I have used in 30 years.
Not sure of milage as its the 1st one I have had .Very good grip in dry and wet .Better braking as well .
Hope this helps
:hitler:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts