Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
No, not tempted - it's not sufficiently different from the original one. I test rode and ruled out the V-Strom when I bought my TA - new plastics is unlikely to be enough to swing it for me.

Plus I've still got plent of farkling of my TA still to go. Can't stop now!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I like it - on looks alone I think the plastics actually look like they belong there, last one looked like they just put them there to cover something up, no design or anything.

If its not much different in any other whay then its just a modded up version but they had to do something, the new Honda Crossrunner will take sales away from this model big time though a proce difference.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
As they say in that article, it looks to be mostly a cosmetic change. In that respect it is improved, IMO. Lower weight? Good.
Smaller tank? Bad! Why?! Why do they keep doing that?
Is that how they saved the weight?!

As for the Crossrunner stealing sales; having seen the C-R, its looks suggest it is supposed to compete more with the Z750, rather than the DL650. It is not a Dual Sport machine.... The Wee Strom has shown that it can be. Will the same be said of the new one?

I'd be most interested in consumption... as usual.

Still unlikely to tempt me away from the TA, not after all the cash I've thrown at it!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think it looks a bit better in most respects. Not concerned about 20L tank. I've done 250 miles on one tank a couple of times and never put in more than 19.something litres on the older one (so 58mpg, which is normal for commuting and touring, a bit less over 85mph on airstrips:thumbright:), and I think this new one could run even more efficiently (upgraded injectors, weight saving). Nice to have a slimmer profile up front too. Smaller radiator sounds like a nice design improvement. Interested to see what they will want for it. Stonkin engine. I guess it will cost a lot less than your 800GS, tiger xc etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts