Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks I know this question is probably older than hens teeth around here but does anyone know where I can pick up some sm wheels for my 1998 250?

Got about £500 any thing new out there available?

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
A friend bought some second hand wheels & we removed the hubs, cleaned them up & had some 17" rims laced up with stainless spokes. This was the cheapest option. But it's not only the wheels you need to think about, but a larger front disc, a shorter chain & differant sprockets from somewhere like Talon Engineering.

I was lucky, as I bought my wheels from a friend of a friend for £200, bought tyres for £150, a 13.5" disc for £100, a rear disc for £50 & a larger front sprocket for £25. Not a cheap conversion...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have be pondering that option and can lace a wheel just fancied something I could order and have fitted.
Did find a company that make alloy hubs in anodised colours which were reasonably priced.

Do you know of a sm wheel spoke calculator by any chance?

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
Talon Engineering would be you best bet. There's a wheel company near Gatwick that may well be able to help if you needed to ask directly, instead of talking to someone over the phone. Talon also do rather tastey hubs. My ones are anodised gold, which go nicely with the black anodised Morad rims

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
When my friend with the XR250SM wanted to convert her 250R into SM mode, the biggest problem was finding wheel hubs in good condition. Once found & sent off for stove enamelling, it was then a question of buying the correct rear sprocket from Talon & the oversize front disc, which was more expensive than the one I bought. I reckon you're looking at about £700

1 - 7 of 7 Posts