Honda XRV Forum banner

New XR400 owner in Plymouth

962 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jasonbc 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
Just bought a 2002 XR400 that I'm rapidly getting very attached to, and wanting to spend more money on it every day! Argh!

The boring bit:

Always had a road bike until Feb this year and bought a 2001 KMX125 [which is for sale! :p] that I started green laning on...what a revelation, its amazing! Realised that I couldnt carry on riding a road orientated 125cc off road for long, and didnt want to shell out on it to beef it up.

Interesting bit:

I'm trying to make a very good example of this bike when I'm finished with it, and I'm not going to bottle and get an electric start, Honda meant for it to be this way! :D I'm finiding it very difficult to find parts though...especially disc / fork protectors and a replacement number plate for the headlight. Any ideas? I generally ride out with a good mate of mine who's bike blew up last week...but generally we're out every weekend in and around Devon / Cornwall, so don't hesitate to give me a shout if you're in the area!

Cheers guys,

Dan

See less See more
#5 ·
Hi guys,
Just bought a 2002 XR400 that I'm rapidly getting very attached to, and wanting to spend more money on it every day! Argh!

The boring bit:

Always had a road bike until Feb this year and bought a 2001 KMX125 [which is for sale! :p] that I started green laning on...what a revelation, its amazing! Realised that I couldnt carry on riding a road orientated 125cc off road for long, and didnt want to shell out on it to beef it up.

Interesting bit:

I'm trying to make a very good example of this bike when I'm finished with it, and I'm not going to bottle and get an electric start, Honda meant for it to be this way! :D I'm finiding it very difficult to find parts though...especially disc / fork protectors and a replacement number plate for the headlight. Any ideas? I generally ride out with a good mate of mine who's bike blew up last week...but generally we're out every weekend in and around Devon / Cornwall, so don't hesitate to give me a shout if you're in the area!

Cheers guys,

Dan
PLYMOUTH!!!!!..
SUPPOSE YOUR ALMOST CORNISH, WELCOME ABOARD MATE.

yOU COULD TRY Kernow Trial riders clubs. They are based down here but do a west cornwall ride out and east cornwall. Both on the same day as the group is getting bigger www.ktrc.co.uk (i think)and there are enough people across the county.
Acerbis have stopped doing plastics for the xr400 try Polisport they should have them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.