Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wannabee Adventure Rider
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone my name is Ray and I live in Essex. Currently ride a Harley 883/1200r Sportster, Ducati 916, Buell XB12XS and a Suzuki DRZ 400e (green laning).

I am looking to buy a nice Africa Twin for a little jaunt into Europe or two.

Been looking at the AT section for a week or so, thought that I would say Hello :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Welcome t' madhouse. Before buying, a couple of pointers. Welded-on front sprockets & wheels. If the owner thinks you're serious, (10 minutes) they shoudn't have a problem with removing rear left bash plate bolt, pull down slightly... giving acsess to 1 of the 2 8mm bolts that hold the sprocket cover on (this will show if it's been welded on). Undo the 10mm sprocket retaing bolts, then slacken the rear wheel, push it forwards, take the chain off the rear sprocket, giving you enough slack to take the chain off the front sprocket. remove retaining ring & sprocket. Inspect.... smile or walk away! Wheel rim condition is important, they can also be costly. Other problems are reasonable cost wise to solve. Just back from france & 7 weeks in Italy last year... (indicator went dicky once... tapped it, sorted) Any queries problems & you'll find this crew will be priceless if/when you get one.

·
Wannabee Adventure Rider
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the very useful information :thumbup:

·
Ridden for years
2,806 Posts
Buellie..... had I not seen the Suzuki at the end, I would have ignored your post.......HD....Buell....:D
Don't discount the Transalp, a lot more comfortable than the DRZ, but not as zippy, The DRZ is a cracker off road, used one in Portugal, but to get there, use the Trannie.
The ONLY difference between the Trannie and the AT is power, but you've got a Sportster, so you are used to slower acceleration;)
The trannie doesn't have a fuel pump....ahhhhh...luxury.
Let the comments commence:D
Welcome by the way

·
Wannabee Adventure Rider
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks John

You know what they say.....variety is the spice of life :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts