Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Thanks for letting me in. My names John, I live in Peterborough.
I recently bought a DRZ400, It's been 30 years sinse my last trail bike. Anyway I'm loving this bike. Great laugh. I nearly bought a Xr400R but the the DRZ had electric start.
I'm going to fit tyres to the DRZ that will hopefully make it work of road.
Are there any green lanes, Byways in the Peterborough area that anyone can recommend?

Cheers All.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
you may find people are not willing to give information out on the forums to stop the idiots from ruining their area get yourself some ordnance survey maps and look out for red or green crosses (as in the picture below) and red or green dots depending on scale. looking at this on line map i can see a few in your area around Whittlesey, open the link and change the map from road to ordnance survey on the top right and zoom in

https://www.bing.com/mapspreview

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you may find people are not willing to give information out on the forums to stop the idiots from ruining their area get yourself some ordnance survey maps and look out for red or green crosses (as in the picture below) and red or green dots depending on scale. looking at this on line map i can see a few in your area around Whittlesey, open the link and change the map from road to ordnance survey on the top right and zoom in

https://www.bing.com/mapspreview

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, this looks good. I can't suss out how to open it as OS map though
Cheers John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I got the OS map open, So is it red plus sign then red negative continuos. does that mean byways? +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- like that? If so I'm laughing!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Yup but that doesn't always mean they are legal to ride best go check them out see if anyone shouts :D and red dots like the picture below but sometimes these could be anything from a footpath to a paved road again best to go check them out you will soon find out if you can ride there usually by the amount of use it has, your supposed to go to the council and check the definitive maps i just use the rule if nobody shouts i ride it or you could join your local TRF safety in numbers and all that :thumb:

·
Registered
281 Posts
One thing with the Drz.
Make sure that the alternator bolts under the casing are tight.
Otherwise they can shear.
Expensive from bitter personal experience.
Very entertaining bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts