Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Curious Member
19 Posts
:lol: !! What I meant to say in the title was I am a newbie to forums and i'm based in S-O-T.​

Erm, firstly can i just say what a good site you guys have going here, and send a big hello to everyone involved. I have read through many forums in the past but only for info gathering purposes and never joined/subscribed or posted. However, having recently purchased my first @ I thought that this would be a great place to start. I don't think I'll ever become a major poster, but will certainly contribute what and when i can.​

About me, I am 30 yrs young, truck driver working nights, i'm from Stoke-on-trent and mainly ride out alone. I got my licence almost exactly 1 yr ago just prior to the test change, and begun my journey on a klx650 thumper :cool:. After approx 6 mths, the urge to ride a bigger powerfull machine overwhelmed me and i purchased a mk1 Bandit 1200. Wow :eek: ! The adrenalin rush when opening her up in a straight line was awesome, but that was where it ended, as for general riding, comfort, and practicallity it didn't suit me, and I quickly missed the relationship I had built up on my klx exploring in the peak district riding trails and minor B roads etc :(. The only problem with the klx was it wasn't the best bike on faster roads/motorways 70-80mph (although this didnt stop me) I knew my next bike had to be a better combination of the 2.​

Enter the Africa Twin. . . . . . I actually fell in love with the @ aged 15, as there used to be a guy who owned 1 on my route home from school and i used to admire it everytime i passed and vowed i would own one someday, and that day has arrived.​

The bike is an 02 plate, 8500mls on purchase (just short of 10000 now after 4 wks of onership) same owner from new and completely original(well it was), but in a tatty condition having been stood in a garage for nearly the past 3 yrs.​

Over the next week or so i intend on giving her a good service + general tidy up, fitting crash bars etc (1 crash to late though!) but nothing to fancy as this bike will be used to within an inch of its life(and mine probably) as that is what it has been built for. I will be using a lot of info that you guys have posted as i'm no real mechanic but feel confident enough to have a go.​

More importantly however, my main reason for joining this site is that i would genuinely like to meet up with other riders, take part in a few roadtrips, and hopefully make a friend or two along the way. I would especially like to hear from anyone in the midlands/north west area who rides out anytime week or weekend on a big trailie and needs someone to laugh at when i fall off on the trails? :blob7: As with most of you, I work long and hard, but like to play harder, so basically if I aint working, I am good for riding/learning. I am happy to ride in any conditions/temps as i enjoy the practice/challenge so please let me know?​

Erm, i hope this post isn't too long winded, but I just wanted to make an effort being my first ever forum entry and give you all a good intro, and maybee some of you regulars could reply with a brief script so I have a better idea of who i might be talking to? Also, on some forums in the past i have seen members maps giving you a rough location of where everyone is from, not seen one on here though, does such a thing exist? :confused:

Ok, i'm wearing the letters off my keyboard now so I'll wrap this up and see if i can work out how to put a pic up of my @
I bid a good day to you all, safe riding everybody and i look foward to hearing/maybe even seeing 1 or 2 of you soon . . . . . . . Lee aka

EXPLORER​

Only regret the things you have done in life, not the things you haven't!!​

Let the journey begin . . . . . . . . .

·
Registered
924 Posts
Re: Virgin in stoke-on-trent

welcome to the forum Explorer :thumbright:

theres a bunch of us in the north west, you might be interested to check out the Piel Island trip at the end of April which you can find in the calendar (should be a link at the top of the page) - my apologies if ive pointed you at a trip thats full.

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts

Wassup can't sleep?:D welcome to the nuthouse, you are now a member of one of the best forums around.

have a look at the rideouts section, there's usually something going on that will give you the chance to meet people. :thumbup:

·
Registered
924 Posts

you are now a mamber of one of the best forums around.
you'll have to forgive the welsh contingent Explorer, english isnt their strong point :rolleyes:

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts

you'll have to forgive the Welsh contingent Explorer, English isnt their strong point :rolleyes:
and you'll learn not to insult people who have the power to cause no end of disruption to your posts.

I would also suggest that if you're correcting spelling you get the rest of the punctuation correct. :rolleyes:

and we can ban you from Pembroke Dock next year :D:D

·
Registered
924 Posts

and you'll learn not to insult people who have the power to cause no end of disruption to your posts.

I would also suggest that if you're correcting spelling you get the rest of the punctuation correct. :rolleyes:

and we can ban you from Pembroke Dock next year :D:D
:hitler: :bootyshake:

G

·

Thanks Chris for your retainer for my services, now please point me towards the moderator causing you grief!!!!

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts

welcome mate
you are in amontgst the best there is for help withe bikes here they have helped me a lot, and i dont have an Africa twin just a Vigor
if your headline had said 14 year old virgin in Essex then we would have known it was a joke

·
Registered
924 Posts

Thanks Chris for your retainer for my services, now please point me towards the moderator causing you grief!!!!
its MOM, hes picking on me again :sad6:

·
Curious Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hey come on guys, just wanted to say Hi not start WW3 !:hitler:

Cheers for the responses, it seems I need to subscribe to post pics? Whats the process for paying with paypal, and do i get a nice shiny sticker when a full member? ;)

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts

Hi Explorer

Welcome to the forum

When you hit the subscribe link , it will let you pay by paypal , then a short time later your sticker will come through the post.

Subscribing gives you access to more on the forum , buying and selling stuff , your own photo gallery and helps keep the forum running ..

Anyways, there is always something going on here, lots of ride outs , meets etc etc .. get involved and have fun....

Enjoy your AT ..
;)

·
Curious Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Hi Explorer

Welcome to the forum

When you hit the subscribe link , it will let you pay by paypal , then a short time later your sticker will come through the post.

Woo hoo !! A free sticker, looks like i have got no choice but to subscribe now then, thanks for the info, cheers buddy !

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts

Moderators, can we do something about the title?, I think it's misleading and could lead to a massive veiwing figure next to it even though there may be a limited amount of replies.

Virgins in stoke on trent, whatever next?

That's robbie country. According to the Mrs' he's sorted all the female varieties up there so they're dfinitely a rare species.
We all know he's probably sorted both types don't we chaps?

·
Curious Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

welcome to the forum Explorer :thumbright:

theres a bunch of us in the north west, you might be interested to check out the Piel Island trip at the end of April which you can find in the calendar (should be a link at the top of the page) - my apologies if ive pointed you at a trip thats full.

Cheers Chris, I'll be keeping a close eye on the calendar now, any good rides/trails around your way that would be worth checking out as i'm not that far from you ? cheers buddy :thumbup:

·
Curious Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Wassup can't sleep?:D welcome to the nuthouse, you are now a member of one of the best forums around.

have a look at the rideouts section, there's usually something going on that will give you the chance to meet people. :thumbup:
Cheers Old man will do, erm, yes i will be posting at some funny times as i work a sporadic shift pattern driving through the night. :sleepy2:

So i take it your from wales then ?? I deliver North and South Wales, your a lucky guy with all the roads/scenery on your doorstep, i'm looking forward to trying some of it out this year on my @.

I wonder what it looks like in the daylight . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :cool:

·
Curious Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

welcome mate
you are in amontgst the best there is for help withe bikes here they have helped me a lot, and i dont have an Africa twin just a Vigor
if your headline had said 14 year old virgin in Essex then we would have known it was a joke
Hahaha cheers Merv yeah i see your point. Looks like i've upset a few people with my first ever forum post, think i'll write a quick apology in a min to everyone that looked at it before they changed it? :confused: Just thought it'd be a good icebreaker?

P.S. Whats a vigor ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts