Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joined this forum as I have just bought a very nice imported ( USA ) 1972 XL 350 that was restored 11 years ago and not been used since. It has been part of a private collection including a Vincent Black Shadow. Plan to put oil down the plug hole for a few days and see how the engine turns over. It looks new but you can never tell. Read somewhere that these were made with two valves on some models and that some of the engines were bullet proof. I am a member of several forums for old British bikes. Any tips re owning one of these good looking bikes would be nice. I am in Essex UK and will no doubt need a local supplier. I have some old receipts from David Silver in Suffolk ? Thanks for reading my first thread.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi...Nice one..I had the 1976 english smaller engined xl250 motosport version that looked identical..was a bit of a rare beasty back then, 40 odd years ago. I only ever see one other in 13 years of riding about, and none since, except for my old one that my workmate has kept for the last 32 years for sentimental reasons...look after it...as the spares are going to be even more scarse being imported...take care if it has the knobbly's..which it should have....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts