Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and hello to you all

Im currently looking for a 650 to do a European Tour on next year with a friend, we have narrowed the choice of bike to be a Transalp.
I am looking at 2007 plate 20k miles in Black and was looking at the various models etc
It turns out that this particular bike, although registered in 2007, is a 650 V3 which by all accounts makes it a 2003 model...? It does have the early graphics, silver wheels and the straight cut tail pipes.

It a friend who is selling this bike and we can't work out how there seems to be such a long time lapse between production and registration.

has anyone found this before or got any ideas how this may be possible...?(apart from time travel...!)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Greetings

Quite easy - There's a few early Firestorms from before 2001 that ended up registered in later years - usually an unpopular colour such as teal hanging about overstocked.

My 2001 TA

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yeah, it happens.
As long as it checks out ok don't worry about it.
I have a vy on a 52 reg, I had a '90 vfr 750 that was registered in 92 or was it 93...? And a TRX850 that was a '97 bike but registered in '01.

As long as you know what you are buying and aware of any important in model updates you're fine.
BTW the 650s only had detail changes (styling and minor electrical) throught it's run.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies

The bike is very straight and has good service history, also checks out on the MOT check online.
It just seemed such a long time for a bike to sit around before registration that made me question it a bit.

It looks very much like the pic of Wicky's...!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must admit the black wheel models do look good too!
The one Im considering is quite a bit cheaper and that will leave me some cash to 'Tour' it up a bit...

Im guessing the silver wheels could be powder coated at some point..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts