Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great site, just got myself an @ and found you guys the other day. What a great bike the @ is and why have I only just got one? I should have had one years ago.
The first thing I noticed when flicking through the site is all the talk about the seat, I come from a dirt bike background so thought NO PROBLEM but I see what you mean now. I gave it a service last night and found the front mountings on the crash bars detached from the frame so that was a weld up job. I think I had better start listening to you boys!
Just seen the Isle of Skye trip. Am I too late to book up if I can get time off?
How many going anyone know?
And what the hell is a quick fix for this seat if I do go?
So many questions need answers. Buzzard

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello mate and welcome to the club. :D

I replaced my seat with the Touratech double seat. It has made a great improvement on rider comfort. I was lucky to get mine on ebay for £150.
They are about £220 new.

Depending on where you live there is a company in Leicester I think that will remove some of your padding from the seat and replace it with more comfy stuff. They do it while you wait and charge about £15.

Regards

Jon :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, I think I have just found someone to do a similar cut and shut on my original seat and he lives down the road. Don't know how much he will want to do it but thanks for the comparison.

Also on a 98 black and gold RD07.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts