Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just purchased my new machine :D and i'm looking for places to go near Southampton? Any advice?

Cheers:thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
There are some near the Meon Hut (loomies cafe) but I don't know them. Would be interested in finding out about them though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure where that is?

Would be good to go anywhere near me. Waiting for my new set of wheels to turn up then i'm off on a mission:thumbright: (Next weekend hopefully)

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts
Hi All,

Just purchased my new machine :D and i'm looking for places to go near Southampton? Any advice?

Cheers:thumbup:

It is only 20 minutes to Salisbury Plain! There are trails and tracks. The trails are open most of the time, tracks can often be closed off while they have war games.Shrewton is a good place to start as there is a dusty track that runs parrallel with the road. Road routes - A272 from Winchester to as far as you want to go in an eastward direction. The roads in the forest are OK but slow (40mph limit).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i was going to head up to the plains on my first outing just to get use to my new beast :D

What bike do you ride?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a land ranger map 184 has loads of byways marked going to do some exploring myself next thursday.
:thumbup:
Cool, well all going well i'm going to go and explore the plains on Sunday to get use to my bike. I'll be up for meeting up maybe the weekend after?

Andy

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Cool, well all going well i'm going to go and explore the plains on Sunday to get use to my bike. I'll be up for meeting up maybe the weekend after?

Andy
What time are you planning on going? Not sure how early I will be getting up as I'm out Satuday (tonight) but if it were mid-morning I might come down and join you.

If not, then another time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What time are you planning on going? Not sure how early I will be getting up as I'm out Satuday (tonight) but if it were mid-morning I might come down and join you.

If not, then another time.
I'm going to get there prob about 11 and stay they until either 4 ish, or I run out of fuel or the bike breaks down, or I break something :) It's more likely to be the latter.

I haven't been off road for years so i'm really just going to get use to the bike. You're more than welcome to come along. :thumbup:

Andy

ps my number is 07827 314741

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I went to the Plains yesterday and had a great time :mrgreen:

Managed not to break anything and got lost loads!!!

I think I need to invest in a satmap or at least an OS map of the plains.

Bumped into a couple of guys over there who orgaise ride outs a lot.

If anyone's interested let me know :thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I went to the Plains yesterday and had a great time :mrgreen:

Managed not to break anything and got lost loads!!!

I think I need to invest in a satmap or at least an OS map of the plains.

Bumped into a couple of guys over there who orgaise ride outs a lot.

If anyone's interested let me know :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts