Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just picked up my 93 africa twin two days ago and enjoying already on the french roads in the dordogne where i live. Only problem is I wasnt given a hand book.

So a couple of questions.
Fuel tap where is on , off and res - it is marked with off and res but no indication as to where they relate to?

Is there a low fuel warning light . Or is it part of the trip master. My trip master doesnt work but does have power to it as when lights are on it does light up but that is all - any suggestions??

Thanks

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Hi there and welcome, I am sure we have some other French members here I'm sure they will make themselves known.

My AT doesn't have a fuel light or fuel gauge so I am going to have to go off the trip, haven't ridden it yet so will let you know how that works out. Not sure about your trip problem but one of the really clever lads will be along shortly and they will be able to help you out

We will want to see some picutres of your bike if you don't mind so get that camera out and start posting photos please.

I am sure you have managed to find your way around the site but just in case you've missed any bits, check out the rideouts section that's where we arrange our rides, we have been known to pop over to france for a ride so you never know we may well venture over to your neck of the woods.

We also have a lively Chatter section where we get together for a bit of a natter, sometimes about bikes but more often not :iconbiggrin:

If you have any problems then there is the problems section, post your problem here and one of the admins or mods will pop along to see if they can sort you out.

If there is anything you need give us a shout.

Hope you like it here

·
where next?
508 Posts
I think that the [email protected] is the RD07 model in which case it does not have a low fuel warning light. I use the trip master on mine to tell me when I need to re-fuel (around 200 miles between fill ups) but as yours is not working this is a problem for you. They come up for sale on ebay from time to time but if mine stopped working, I think I'd replace it with a bicycle trip computer as they are small, cheap and give the same information.

Et bienvenu a notre forum :toothy4::thumbup:

·
Registered
173 Posts
On my 93 model there`s a little sticker on the frame over the fuel tap that says fuel and a red arrow.
Corresponding to the tap.
My fuel tap stands with the on symbol on top.
Then its using main tank not reserve.

Theres not any low fuel light.
I fill her up after 270-300 KM.
Then i dont go down on my reserve tank.
Not sure about the tripmaster. I had mine open to change the bulb. Only saw the numbers in daylight,
Don`t remeber if there was any fuse inside.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help re fuel fuel tap and light - will try and remember to refuel every 300K to avoid any breakdowns.

Have checked fuel tap again and I have no stickers on my frame - the tap knob itself seems to be arrow shaped - I am assuming the shorter part should point upwards but am really not sure. I have left the bike running with the tap in each position for at least 3 or 4 mins to at least locate the off pos but to no avail - perhaps i need to run it for longer or my taps not working!

have taken pic of it and will try and attach it to my profile.
:blob:

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Hi Per if your fuel tap DOES not turn round any further ANTICLOCKWISE in your picture you are now on the main tank NOTE that the Tap has a long and short arm on it you are working with the long arm. Turn the tap to nine oclock Position you are now in the OFF position .Turn the Tap to the 12 oclock position you are now in RESERVE,I hope this helps.Francis

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys for your help re fuel tap problem - now onto sorting out trip master - lights up but thats is all - no visible digits or anything?? any ideas - have tried giving it a good knock!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Make sure your fuel tap isn't broken, the tap is on the opposite side and is connected by a long plastic extension ,if someone has removed the tank without removing the extension it can be easily broken.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks guys for your help re fuel tap problem - now onto sorting out trip master - lights up but thats is all - no visible digits or anything?? any ideas - have tried giving it a good knock!
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE TRIPMASTER. NO NUMBERS VISIBLE. BUT THE LIGHT IS ON. I MUST TAKE away THE WIND SCREEN AND THEN CHECK ALL THE CONNECTIONS - MAYBE SOME HAVE CORODED AND NEED TO BE SPRAYED.
GOOD LUCK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts