Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what came over me today....one minute I am casually browsing newer Varas for sale, the next......I pick up the 2009 model on Tuesday and traded my 2003 in.

It needed a new rear shock, a new rear tyre and a full service so I was staring down the barrel of circa £650+ bill...now I'm not and I'm getting my third Vara next week to go touring in Scotland on.

Sorry....had to share...chuffed :)

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Nice one :)
What colour is that 2003 in Leeds.... I want to avoid buying it heheheh

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Hi mate, I've a VA9 (09) Varadero, great bike. I think you made choice, just as well pass the bike on with a bit of money for something newer rather than part with a heap of money on repairs and still the same bike!
I love my Vara and still rate it one of the best touring bikes in the world!
When or iindeed if something better comes along I'll change it then but for now, great bike. Hope to see you on the road mate, if you're in the north east give us a shout.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...should start a new thread really...will the hugger on my 03 go on the 09 model do you think??

Gonna whip a few bits and bobs off the 03 before I take it in :)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Thanks...should start a new thread really...will the hugger on my 03 go on the 09 model do you think??

Gonna whip a few bits and bobs off the 03 before I take it in :)
Hugger should fit no problem:cool:

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Exactly the same happened to me, went to browse a couple of Vara's and ended up buying an ex demo.....fantastic bike, you won't be dissappointed.

Rich.

PS. I'm in Bradford, so if you fancy a run let me know.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Need to make a Yorkshire Vara riders meet up
there is 3 already

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just picked up my 09 Vara today and WHAT A BIKE !!. I've owned the Vstrom dl1000 and an 1150 GS but the Varadero knocks the pants off em for comfort, handling and power. been out all day and loved every minute. It's possibly the best adventure tourer i've ever slung me leg over !1

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Just picked up my 09 Vara today and WHAT A BIKE !!. I've owned the Vstrom dl1000 and an 1150 GS but the Varadero knocks the pants off em for comfort, handling and power. been out all day and loved every minute. It's possibly the best adventure tourer i've ever slung me leg over !1
This forum has been saying this for years.
Nice to see someone drawn back from the dark side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts